Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club have always been reluctant to go down that route almost like they're embarrassed to do so. It was a the same with Cahill. We should have been playing friendlies in all these countries whilst we had their biggest stars and creating a brand.
They came out here and played a few games in about 2010, i went to the game in Sydney, tims home town, and he didn't even start. Was a bit disappointing

Esk beating the skint drum.

Says we need patience.... Patience with Brands and Silva 100%, Patience with Moshiri and Kenwright not a chance.

Don't get that

This might not be the thread for it, but Moshiri has allowed us much greater spending over the last few years, it'd be pretty difficult to deny that

The only thing you could really hold against him is the fact that the people he has appointed to spend his money have been disastrous

I understand people getting twitchy at the minute, but it's perfectly understandable that Moshiri would insist that a lot of the dross is moved on before he sanctions anymore spending, so "patience" is exactly what is required. Walsh and Koeman are the people to blame if you're looking scapegoats

On the other hand, we may also replace him with someone equally as good.

As it stands now, if a sizeable club comes in with a big enough bid and he wants to go, he’s gone.
Oh aye, if he wants off, he's gone, ala Stones, Lukaku.
But if he's happy, offer him a slightly improved contract with an extension. He's only going to improve.

Has Moshiri spent money though ? He's given the club an interest free loan I guess. I assume he expects to get it back.

Whether it's his money or not, the purse strings have been significantly loosened

Quoting from that Esk piece...

"...the amount spent in the last two years (£259 million out-goings, and £167 million in receipts) and particularly the increase in wages (2015/16 £94 million, 2016/17 £106 million, and 2017/18 est £139.5 million) "

It's the wages that are the real eye-opener. We are spending about £45m per year more on wages than we did two years ago, not far off a 50% increase

Whether it's his money or not, the purse strings have been significantly loosened

"...the amount spent in the last two years (£259 million out-goings, and £167 million in receipts) and particularly the increase in wages (2015/16 £94 million, 2016/17 £106 million, and 2017/18 est £139.5 million) "

It's the wages that are the real eye-opener. We are spending about £45m per year more on wages than we did two years ago, not far off a 50% increase

50% increase in wage and no progression, that is actually scary. I hate Daniel Levy, but it does make you realise why he has a cap on his wages.

That's the "Prune Juice" effect of the premier league clubs all earning more money from the SKY TV deal. We get more money in, so transfer fees and wages go up. Last year we finished 7th in the league of earners from the SKY, earning £128m, last year was a similar amount.

7. Everton
Actual league position: 8th
Matches televised: 19
TV income: £22.5m
Prize money: £25.1m
Equal share: £80.4m
Total: £128.0m

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...wn-of-the-2017-18-premier-league-prize-money/

if you compare that with 2015/16 where we got just over £83m

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...nal-top-pl-prize-cash-table-with-101m-240101/

Keep in mind TV money has gone from 83M to 134M in that time I think.

Brands is here for a long-term project.
Nothing will be fixed in one season let alone one shortened transfer window.
If it’s only outs so be it.
We will sign a couple of players, I am absolutely sure of it but this summer is about getting rid of the dead wood and trouble makers and I believe getting something out of those big money signings from last couple of windows. I imagine Silva has been tasked with getting the best out of them and I’d be ok with that. We can’t spend 30m on a player and then cast him off a year later because of one bad season, a season in which we went through 3 managers.

When / if Bolasie goes, will Everton swoop for an attacking player ? Will we be expecting to offload Mirallas as well ? Is Niasse likely to stay ?

Where I think we can agree on, any attacking player we bring in has to be good enough to challenge immediately for a starting place, we've got enough 20 year old 'prospects' already. Lozano or Zaha would be awesome, but is that shooting beyond our reach ?

When / if Bolasie goes, will Everton swoop for an attacking player ? Will we be expecting to offload Mirallas as well ? Is Niasse likely to stay ?

Where I think we can agree on, any attacking player we bring in has to be good enough to challenge immediately for a starting place, we've got enough 20 year old 'prospects' already. Lozano or Zaha would be awesome, but is that shooting beyond our reach ?

I think, regardless of the dire situation Brands is in, there will be an addition in att. I think more likely a winger than a forward.

I think Niasse will stay, but Mirallas is shipped out. I just dont know who too! Lozano is more realistic than Zaha, just because of the fee. However, due to the WC and his previous season he will be in demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back