Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOPEZ TO EVERTON?
Everton
are interested in Espanyol’s David Lopez, according to Mundo Deportivo. The 28-year-old defensive midfielder has also been linked with Real Betis and Valencia.

LOPEZ TO EVERTON?
Everton
are interested in Espanyol’s David Lopez, according to Mundo Deportivo. The 28-year-old defensive midfielder has also been linked with Real Betis and Valencia.

They were debating about whether to cash in during January when we offered 10M€ or so but this article reads as a column filler...

That's the "Prune Juice" effect of the premier league clubs all earning more money from the SKY TV deal. We get more money in, so transfer fees and wages go up. Last year we finished 7th in the league of earners from the SKY, earning £128m, last year was a similar amount.

7. Everton
Actual league position: 8th
Matches televised: 19
TV income: £22.5m
Prize money: £25.1m
Equal share: £80.4m
Total: £128.0m

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...wn-of-the-2017-18-premier-league-prize-money/

if you compare that with 2015/16 where we got just over £83m

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...nal-top-pl-prize-cash-table-with-101m-240101/

Totally fair point to make, but what we are saying here is that Moshiri has allowed the entire TV increase to go into the wage bill

Not sure that would have happened under Kenwright, but then I can't really be bothered to go back and check

LOPEZ TO EVERTON?
Everton

An uncapped 29 year old for €30m?...I thought Walsh is gone. Underwhelming.

Where does the 30m come from?

Talksp**te.

According to Mundo Deportivo, the sticking point with a possible transfer will likely be Lopez’s release clause.
Espanyol are refusing to budge on the €40m (£35m) contractual fee, while all interested clubs are unwilling to pay such a hefty release.

No thanks.

Why not? So if you asked all the Leicester, Norwich and Millwall fans whether Kane had the ability to be as good as Alan Shearer and Gary Lineker, what would they have said? Kane clearly wasn't a masterful slotter when he started out either.

I stated in my posts that he needs to be more confident in his finishing - no small matter I know for a Striker, but I also make the point that he is still young enough to be coached. DCLs best game was at the start of the season at Man City. Played a blinder that night and also assisted the first two goals of the season we scored because his confidence was sky high after the Euros. After that, we were a basket case, so any wonder he didn't set the world alight?

I'm not saying DCL is the next Harry Kane, but I am saying he has the potential to develop - if we as a club and as fans allow. To how good, who knows? But he isn't the finished article yet.
Dont disagree at all mate. I was just joking with you as the anti DCL mob on here take great delight whenever Kane and him are mentioned in the same sentence, whatever the context.

Brands is here for a long-term project.
Nothing will be fixed in one season let alone one shortened transfer window.
If it’s only outs so be it.

Outs doesn’t improve the squad so you would be looking at max 10th place next season.

Then that has a knock on effect on, season ticket sales, money via league standing etc...

Sorry you can’t just write off a season it’s ridiculous to even suggest this

Pickfords not going anywhere, none of the top 6 need a keeper apart from Liverpool and he won't go there.
Chelsea possibly if coutois leaves, but they will just sign either Allison or oblak.

Outs doesn’t improve the squad so you would be looking at max 10th place next season.

Then that has a knock on effect on, season ticket sales, money via league standing etc...

Sorry you can’t just write off a season it’s ridiculous to even suggest this

Why 10th?
And if we did it would have zero effect on season ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back