Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
West ham have a better manager and a good group of players.
Even the teams coming up have decent players.

giphy.gif

Talksp**te.

According to Mundo Deportivo, the sticking point with a possible transfer will likely be Lopez’s release clause.
Espanyol are refusing to budge on the €40m (£35m) contractual fee, while all interested clubs are unwilling to pay such a hefty release.

No thanks.
30m seems ecessive, to say the least.

West ham have a better manager and a good group of players.
Even the teams coming up have decent players.

Really? The same manager that 90% of his signings were flops for city and nearly had city drop out of the champions leauge palaces in his last season, then had to move to China and flopped there as well.

He's too old for this leauge imo and his record for buying players is horrendous. I think we'll be safe.

Because they`ve gone on a mad spending spree and despite the mess that Koeman / Walsh left behind last season, some on here still want us to do the same all over again.

Or instead of going on a spending spree Everton could recruit one or two quality players in the massive holes at left back for instance.

Really? The same manager that 90% of his signings were flops for city and nearly had city drop out of the champions leauge palaces in his last season, then had to move to China and flopped there as well.

He's too old for this leauge imo and his record for buying players is horrendous. I think we'll be safe.

He`s deffo a candidate for one of the first managers to either walk or get the boot.

Or instead of going on a spending spree Everton could recruit one or two quality players in the massive holes at left back for instance.
The fact that we are continually being linked with left backs, centre halves and midfielders tells me that these matters will be addressed before the start of the season.

Last edited:
So Silva saying they’ve identified targets, really had a good look at the squad and by the sounds of it are ready to start getting players in doesn’t count?

Think we’ve done things exactly the right way to be honest. There’s be no knee jerk signings, we haven’t paid over the odds for tat and the clubs lips seem to be tighter than a ducks backside.

Talk from Carlos Valderama when asked about Yerry Mina
I'm paraphrasing but he basically said " The premier league is a great attraction, but for me, the CL is greater, so instead of a middle run team like everton, i would chose Fenerbache & Fatih Terum"

Do they? Now this is just me playing devils advocate but lets have a go

Goalkeeper - i like Fabianski, so they have improved there

Defence -
Fredricks only became a regular for Fulham last season, could easily do a Sam Byram, never played in the prem
Diop, although he is rated by some - over the years so was Ogbonna, Martins Indi, Zouma, Wimmer, Hoedt etc etc, could be good, could just be another premier league centre half. Even if he is good Sakho, Lascelles, Tarkowski, Mee, Prodl are all good centre halfs at lower placed teams
Balbuena- 26 and not moved to europe yet? Bit of a Funes Mori whiff aint there
Already there they have Ogbonna who hasent pulled up trees, Reid who is old nad injured, Zabletta is old too, Rice is good but young and Cresswell is ok.

Midfield
Whilshere on his day is a good player but can be seen as lightweight, plus would he be getting in Nobles way? And he had a poor time at Bournemouth, Lanzini is injured and Koyate and Fernanded and Obiang are all a little "meh", Masuaka is a decent player

Forwards
Yarmalenko flunked in the bundesliga so whats to say he wouldnt flunk here? Felipe Anderson is a good player to have but abit like us with sigurdsson, is he going to be that player they rely on, because he has never been that at lazio, he has always been the supporting cast with goals and assists nothing outstanding
Hernandez is old and i very much doubt he will be there much longer, Carroll is injured, Antonio a poo and Arnautovic although there best player last season has roven in the past he can blow hot & cold.

So basically its a lot of question marks one way or another
This is not me saying i am 100% right, like some people would on here but there is no evidence to say West Ham are going to be better than us next season.
How many of them would you swap our players for?

That dosent mean they wont, but id say its unlikely

everton forum ffs

theres a thread for other teams transfers in world football

He`s deffo a candidate for one of the first managers to either walk or get the boot.

At risk of harping back to West Ham, just looked at there opening fixtures

Liverpool (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Arsenal (A)
Wolves (H)
Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Man Utd (H)
Brighton (A)
Spurs (H)
Leicester (A)

Thats 5 of last seasons top 6 in htere first 10 games, chuck in Everton & Leicester away, thats 7 out of 10 difficult games plus Brighton away is no easy one either.
Grantid they have more at home than we did in our bad run last term but things could spiral.............................................................or they could do what Burnley did and do really well with a difficult early fixture list

At risk of harping back to West Ham, just looked at there opening fixtures

Liverpool (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Arsenal (A)
Wolves (H)
Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Man Utd (H)
Brighton (A)
Spurs (H)
Leicester (A)

Thats 5 of last seasons top 6 in htere first 10 games, chuck in Everton & Leicester away, thats 7 out of 10 difficult games plus Brighton away is no easy one either.
Grantid they have more at home than we did in our bad run last term but things could spiral.............................................................or they could do what Burnley did and do really well with a difficult early fixture list

It`s all very reminiscent of us last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back