Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham are certainly splashing the cash - personally not that fussed about their choices so far. If they don't work out they will have the same problem we have now.

More interested in where our signings are at !

Im nervous like others but certain we will improve in areas we need, cb lb ect and hopefully be on the look for more in january aswell. Hopefully a new manager in silva can give players like davies lookman a fresh start and get them performing

West Ham are certainly splashing the cash - personally not that fussed about their choices so far. If they don't work out they will have the same problem we have now.

More interested in where our signings are at !

History proves we dont tend to do anything much before august

World Cup is over, let’s see how many more excuses people make with us not signing any new players. Koeman and Walsh have set us back years financially.

i think you forgot to type this in Caps mate as you were slamming your fingers against the keyboard in pointless anger

History proves we dont tend to do anything much before august
That was when the window shut at the end of August. We should be getting some signings in during the next week or so I reckon. I'd prefer us to make sure we take our time and get the right players instead of panic buying. I don't see us in any danger so not point rushing and ending up with another Bolasie.

At risk of harping back to West Ham, just looked at there opening fixtures

Liverpool (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Arsenal (A)
Wolves (H)
Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Man Utd (H)
Brighton (A)
Spurs (H)
Leicester (A)

Thats 5 of last seasons top 6 in htere first 10 games, chuck in Everton & Leicester away, thats 7 out of 10 difficult games plus Brighton away is no easy one either.
Grantid they have more at home than we did in our bad run last term but things could spiral.............................................................or they could do what Burnley did and do really well with a difficult early fixture list

I think this is an ok discussion here, as people are raising West Ham as evidence for our window being negative.

I think they have bought well, if they can gel them. However there is risk with most of their players. Their window seems very similar to ours, there's a range of players bought but gelling them together is pretty difficult. I also think, like us they have a manager who doesn't massively want to be there but has come to the job with the opportunity to spend a lot of money and shape a side of top players. I am not sure he's massively keen to get on the training pitch and work with them and the job seems a bit of a gravy train to him. The general reports seem quite negative on him, and at his age it's worth noting.

Most of their signings could go either way. Anderson could be this seasons Salah (a similar profile) or could be another lad from Seria A who flops. Yarmelenko has struggled at Dortmund and is 28. Wilshere remains injury prone and there are questions about how regularly he can compete each week in the PL. Diop is a highly rated young centre back, but it's a big change. They might all come good, and if the do they will challenge for the top 4. However I'd say their manager was their weak link.

I think that fixture list is brutal too. I have them down as having 2 (at best 3) winnable games from that opening 9. You could easily see them having 9 points from their opening 9 games and open revolt. Like Koeman with us, their manager would likely throw the towel in and say he can't do anymore with them. I hope so.

Something can be true and still be an excuse young grasshopper.

giphy.gif

Can someone please explain to me the West Ham obsession on here?

As I really don’t get it o_O

We are in their peer group and they are actually spending money on their squad, and without selling their best players, as far as I'm aware. And without acting like their owners are personally meeting every single piece of club expenditure.

Can someone please explain to me the West Ham obsession on here?

As I really don’t get it o_O
We have a group of overreacting bedwetters on here at times that are panicing because we haven't bought anyone and would rather we hurry up and overpay for players like West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back