Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also dont have a stadium to pay for....a horrible souless staduim mind you...but free. They can then afford to become the next qpr.....hopefully

We are in their peer group and they are actually spending money on their squad, and without selling their best players, as far as I'm aware. And without acting like their owners are personally meeting every single piece of club expenditure.

We had everything last season, but we gave it to comrade Koeman and his fake director of football friend Steve.

We lost it and so, we rebuild. This is us for the next 5 while we make the most of the squad we have.

We had everything last season, but we gave it to comrade Koeman and his fake director of football friend Steve.

We lost it and so, we rebuild. This is us for the next 5 while we make the most of the squad we have.

We didn't have 'everything' last summer though. It was just a middle-of-the-road spending spree in the Premier League, most of which came from selling our best player.

West Ham are having a similar middle-of-the-road spending spree this summer. It's the type of thing that you expect from mid-table clubs like Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Palace etc.

I don't know whether their fans convince themselves that all of their expenditure is being met by their owners though, that might just be an Everton thing.

everton forum ffs

theres a thread for other teams transfers in world football

You speak about West Ham’s good window in the ‘other teams transfer window’ thread and you get accused of being a hammers fan in there (I did!) I think the general rule throughout the whole forum is that you cannot talk positively about any other club.

Can someone please explain to me the West Ham obsession on here?

As I really don’t get it o_O

Some people on here actually hate Everton and like to think that most clubs in the league will overtake us. A few seasons ago people were adamant that Stoke and Swansea were going to move ahead of us in the long term. West Ham is the new flavour of the moth for team bedwet.

Seriously don’t think we have much to worry about from West Ham. Other than Diop they have spent money on names much like we did last year. As good as Yarmelenko was a few seasons ago by all accounts he has lost a yard of pace after injury and think he has ended up at West Ham for a payday. They have just spent 42 million on a Brazilian who is average and unlike our average 45 million man isn’t even a set piece threat. Fully expect West Ham to finish 9-10 and Pellegrini to be binned by this time next summer.
On to Everton, we will be 7-8, possibly even 6th because I still don’t think Arsenal have sorted there main problems out. Fully expect another 5/6 out before the season starts and 3-4 in. I am frustrated that we haven’t brought anyone in but I’m not ready to get the nappies out in case of bedwetting yet. We really have put ourselves in a hole in terms of the ridiculous wages we put the likes of Bolasie Williams and Klassen on (Sandro I can understand based on his low fee) and we will do well to rid ourselves of the dross within the next two windows.
There are too many players stealing a massive wage and by the sounds of it Silva and Brands know exactly who they want out and who they think they may get a tune (temporarily or not) out of.
A more streamlined squad utilising some of our undoubted youth quality, a couple of astute signings and with a manager who doesn’t think that tactics are a type of mint and I am feeling quietly confident that we will have an enjoyable season where we can see progress on the field.

If you want to spout that positivity stuff I’d advise you find another forum
That type of thing does not go down well on here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back