Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not, Evertonians don’t only exist on this forum. The Evertonians I know, including family, friends and colleagues are ALL talking about our lack of transfer activity and it appearing to be that we have to sell before we can buy to raise the funds. We’ve had so much success with that policy in the past, haven’t we? It is a legitimate concern and one that is becoming more and more concerning with each passing day.

I work in Manchester and even the City and United fans are questioning why we aren’t doing any business, especially given the clear need for certain positions to be filled.

When do we say enough is enough? When we’re scrambling around in the last week having to panic buy?

The forum has people who want be seen as appearing blasé about our situation so they can jump on the posters stating the facts of our situation.

The people who are ‘cry-arsing’ or ‘bedwetting’ care a lot about the club and some posters would do well to realise that.

There is an ignore button that people can make use of if they can’t handle an opinion different to theirs. I have over the past week, makes the forum better for myself. Of course they’ll be taken off ignore when the transfer window shuts.

Bye then.

We were third in the league in net spend last year. So it's not the type of thing from a mid table club.

You make it seem like there aren't stats that back this up, like it didn't happen. It happened.

We've been through this. The Telegraph have us in 4th place for net spend, but with us spending only an extra 12 million than the likes of West Brom, Brighton and Watford.

Yes, we spent some money last summer. But it wan't big time spending in the Premier League. It was middle of the road spending, the type of spending that is typical amongst mid-table clubs. The type of spending that is currently being undertaken by West Ham, Leicester etc.

I have many things that concern me in life, this just happens to be a forum dedicated to talking about Everton. Shock that I’m expressing my concerns about something that concerns me on an Everton forum, isn’t it?

It's no shock because you do it every day.

Your shouting into the abyss with inane posts is not suddenly gonna gee them up to make a signing. They'll happen when they happen.

It's really not worth getting so wound up about on a daily basis.

Some people on here actually hate Everton and like to think that most clubs in the league will overtake us. A few seasons ago people were adamant that Stoke and Swansea were going to move ahead of us in the long term. West Ham is the new flavour of the moth for team bedwet.

Because someone has an opinion that another team may finish above us means they hate Everton? It’s a forum whereby fans exchange opinion, if it’s negative about our team, it doesn’t mean they hate them!!! How childish and simplistic is that? Would I be in team bedwet if I said Burnley would finish above us last season? It’s not necessary to throw accusations and belittle fans if they have a different opinion to yours or are slightly negative.
I must be in the team bedwet team then. I don’t think we’ll be automatically ‘best of the rest’. I think Wolves might be midtable or better, West Ham under a good Manager that LOOKS like he’s done ok in the transfer window will be in an around us, Crystal Palace too, if they can keep hold of Zaha, Burnley, Leics, maybe even Fulham. Competition is fierce just to finish 7th, we could very easily find ourselves in the bottom half. YOU might think I hate Everton, you might think I’m a bedwetter. I just think I’m a realist. Until I see us make some decent moves in the market I will remain the team ‘bedwet’.

Well we are going to need a left back to fit in with Silva two players for every position ethos, and no Cuco will not suffice. If that position fails to be 2 player then Silva will be undermined from the start!

It's no shock because you do it every day.

Your shouting into the abyss with inane posts is not suddenly gonna gee them up to make a signing. They'll happen when they happen.

It's really not worth getting so wound up about on a daily basis.

Thats just it, people assume that everybody is calm, people assume that everybody has their head in the sand, whistling away that everything will be ok.

I dont know about you, but im getting slightly concerned, im checking twitter constantly, everytime my phone beeps I think its Everton telling me news.

But guess what, I dont feel the need to hourly declare this, cos as you say, no amount of bed wetting or cryarsing is suddenly gonna make Everton sign players.

Twitter is worse than on here by a long, long way and even some of them folks make folks on here look sane at times.
They're such a weird breed on there I just don't get it. Who in their right mind thinks hurling abuse and typing out 'SIGN SOMEONE FFS' is going to make Brands think to himself. Yeah that fat middle aged fella is right i need to go and sign some lower league fodder to make him happy. Just let the fella do his job and the signings will come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back