Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the sterling investigative efforts of @davek , we've all been made well aware that one or two of the senior players (<cough cough Bainesy and Capt Jags cough cough>) have a reputation for stirring up dissent at Finch Farm. I'm wondering how these two will react if there is any truth to the rumours surfacing, regarding Morgs being given the captain's armband...
Could be 'trouble at mill' brewing...

The more I think about it the more I go back to Marcel's opening comments. There must be balance. Last summer saw a metric crap ton of incomings with relatively little outgoings. This summer there must be a metric crap ton of outgoings with relatively few incomings. And the outgoings have to precede the incomings.

Ya dig?

Every day is a day in the transfer window that we’re doing absolutely nothing therefore, every day we don’t sign somebody, or sell somebody, the concern that we have no money grows. After the past four seasons of utter nothingness, it is something I am keen to avoid.

A popular podcast, that local journalists contribute to, will even be discussing the lack of business and if we should be worried.

It’s a concern that many have. People need to get over it and stop jumping on the posts of people who wish to discuss Everton’s transfer window every day.
I'm on your side here mate but like it or not the damage done by Koeman and Walsh was always gonna make things harder than what it usually is for us to make haste but I would of thought Silva would already know what we needed and what type of player he wants as soon as he arrived here, I'm expecting 3 top quality players in before deadline day, no point buying cover or squad players they have to be class or we're
going nowhere, so if it takes till the last week of the window then so be it.

Jagielka and Baines, for example, are already in decline and will decline further this year. In the "no new signings" scenario you describe who will play left back? Cuco? Went well last time. If Keane or Holgate gets injured who will play at centre half? Williams, Pennington?

I have no idea who of our competitors will kick on next year, I didn't predict Burnley's run last year or Leicester's title winning escapades. It is interesting that despite being so sure that Burnley will not maintain their form and that no other club could possibly "do a Burnley" that you consider that our squad that limped to 8th in the weakest league showing outside of the top 2 clubs in living memory would do better than previously despite being a year older and still likely saddled with numpties like Mirallas poisoning the well.

Mystic Nymzee we should call you because your arguments are devoid of evidence or logic.

We'll do better because we have a better manager who will actually use useful players like Lookman. Baines is average but last season we missed him and Coleman a chunk due to injury. If we start the season with the team against that Austrian crap it's automatically better than last season's team.

The only way we won't finish 8th again is if you think West Ham, Burnley, Leicester etc. are better than us.

So do you?

If Bolasie is gone to Turkey, that might be enough movement to go after a true winger seeing as we don't really have one at this point unless we are going to try and push Mirallas out as well.

Still need a CB, CM, and LB more IMO, though.

Every day is a day in the transfer window that we’re doing absolutely nothing therefore, every day we don’t sign somebody, or sell somebody, the concern that we have no money grows. After the past four seasons of utter nothingness, it is something I am keen to avoid.

A popular podcast, that local journalists contribute to, will even be discussing the lack of business and if we should be worried.

It’s a concern that many have. People need to get over it and stop jumping on the posts of people who wish to discuss Everton’s transfer window every day.

None of us know what we are doing. Because we have signed no-one you appear to assume we are doing nothing. Multi-million pound transfers take time or you end up with a squad of overpaid ponces that you are stuck with for years. Been there, done that, got the names on my shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back