Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting CB
Starting LB
Starting CM
Starting LM

I'd rather another CF than a left winger...however if Onyekuru doesn't get a work permit then add that to the list too...otherwise only lookman there, if bolasie is punted.

LB
CB
CM
LM (if no onyekuru)
CF

GK -- Pickford + 2 players

RB -- Coleman/Kenny

CB -- Holgate/Keane + 2 players

LB -- Baines + 1 player

DM -- Gana/Besic +1 player

CM -- +2 players

LW -- Lookman/Onyekuru

AM -- Sigurdsson + 1 Player

RW -- Walcott/Vlasic

CF -- Tosun/DCL + 1 player

Loan out Beni, Davies, Dowell

Stek isnt good enough, swerve the clown, just buy 2 Yoots.
Davies, Dowell and Beni arent the required standard currently, neither is DCL or Holgate, but STs and CBs are massive money.

None of our Central midfielders are the required standard.

If we wish to improve on the 9th we will finish this season we need a min of 10 players, 10 players of a VERY high standard and not a single 1 of them under the age of 25 bar the 2 GKs.

Stekelenburg 3rd choice
Jagielka 3rd choice
Think we should keep Beni/Davies and Dowell as 2nd choice 2nd players...they will see a lot of games and its pointless to sign players just for one season...

I’m just being realistic about what we actually seriously need and can acquire in a WC year. I’m a little hesitant of introducing a ton of new players again. We should only be in the league and 2 cups next season so the starting XI you wrote should stay fit all season ideally. 4 signings then some more in Jan. Sure we need to strengthen the depth but on the bench we have a keeper that will never come on, Keane/RFM (I’d start Holgate), Kenny/Baines etc. I think we have enough in the squad for a decent bench.

Yep, 4 or 5 top players...

Bolloxs Klaassen isnt suited to the league, how you can tell that from the 3minutes hes played I dont know.

He will likely be sold in the Summer without ever given a chance, I honestly hope he signs for the vermin across the park and terrors us every Derby in the future!

I can tell as I watched him at Ajax and posted on here that he'd be a daft signing before Koeman wasted 23mil on him...

I'd rather another CF than a left winger...however if Onyekuru doesn't get a work permit then add that to the list too...otherwise only lookman there, if bolasie is punted.

LB
CB
CM
LM (if no onyekuru)
CF

Stekelenburg 3rd choice
Jagielka 3rd choice
Think we should keep Beni/Davies and Dowell as 2nd choice 2nd players...they will see a lot of games and its pointless to sign players just for one season...

Yep, 4 or 5 top players...

I can tell as I watched him at Ajax and posted on here that he'd be a daft signing before Koeman wasted 23mil on him...

Who says its for 1 season?

I have major doubts that any of them will kick on to be anything more than they already are.

So you watched Klaassen in Holland where he scored 20 goals and got countless assists and you deemed him not good enough?

I mean considering you said Dolberg was the new Zlatan, im gonna be honest Zat, its not looking great for you.

Theres every chance that Klaassen wont cut it in this league, but im fairly confident that if he was given as much game time as Davies we would have won more games.

Who says its for 1 season?

I have major doubts that any of them will kick on to be anything more than they already are.

So you watched Klaassen in Holland where he scored 20 goals and got countless assists and you deemed him not good enough?

I mean considering you said Dolberg was the new Zlatan, im gonna be honest Zat, its not looking great for you.

Theres every chance that Klaassen wont cut it in this league, but im fairly confident that if he was given as much game time as Davies we would have won more games.

You cant just sign players to block the path of youngsters like that...unless youre Chelsea.

Need to give them chances + if one of them doesn't do well, stick another in...we have a few of them lol

Dolberg has 7 goals in the equivalent of 12 games this season...huge managerial upheaval also.

And I watched the goals klaassen scored and laughed at most of them as hed never receive the ball in such positions...nor would he have as much time on the ball...maybe in Spain but not the premier league...

You're being generous mate

I'd say that would be an absolute bare bones of what we would need - assuming for now Fonseca came in.. would still leave the squad not ideal for the system and would leave us an injury or two away from not able to adequately play that system

Looking at what you say we need i am assuming we'd line up something like this

Pickford
Coleman, Keane - new CB - new CB
Gueye - new cm
new LM - sigurdsson walcott
Tosun

would basically mean our backups in those positions would be Kenny, Holgate, Jagielka, Baines, Baningame, Davies, Vlasic, Rooney Lookman, DCL

a mix of 3 players who look absolutely finished - or will if they have to play any considerable period of games next season (Jags, Baines, Rooney)
and young kids who haven't shown they are of the level required right now and would struggle if they again had to play a prolonged period as a starter.

In reality, in that 'new' starting 11 you'd ideally be wanting the like of Keane, Gueye at least to have someone ahead of them - just look at the rs squad where they have for example Wijnaldum, Milner, Moreno, Lallana, Lovren/Matip as primarily second choice for the positions now

Ideal world what 'should' have happened last season was with the money spent, the players became starting 11 players, the ones they displaced move down to squad and the ones who where squad left the club, then every season as it goes on you take 2-3 of the starters and repeat that process.

We on the other hand are playing a 36yo cb whose been done for 3-4 years, a 33 yo left back whose done for a couple of seasons, a 32yo 'cm' with the legs of a 40yo who even his fans say can't be played besides against bottom half teams at home.
I agree with you and @Nymzee. The 4 positions mentioned are the most important to fill for me. And they have to be quality. I would like to see 2 centre midfielders. And have gana/davies/beni as the back up.

I’d keep Mori and have him and holgate as back up. I’m not a big fan of Mori, but I doubt we would get decent money for him this summer after having a season out.

Also we need a top quality striker back up £30mil plus. To compete with Tosun abs send DCL on loan. And in Özyakup on free. And then we can have decent back up for the 3 behind the striker.

Probably going to cost about 100mil. Have we got the money

You cant just sign players to block the path of youngsters like that...unless youre Chelsea.

Need to give them chances + if one of them doesn't do well, stick another in...we have a few of them lol

Dolberg has 7 goals in the equivalent of 12 games this season...huge managerial upheaval also.

And I watched the goals klaassen scored and laughed at most of them as hed never receive the ball in such positions...nor would he have as much time on the ball...maybe in Spain but not the premier league...

Need to give them chances?

Tom Davies has probably had the most minutes of any 19 year old in the league, whats the problem with him being a squad player for 2 or 3 years and then when hes 22 hopefully he has kicked on and added more to his game? Im honestly not trying to bash TomTom, I think hes got very good potential, I just dont consider him the required standard currently.

So I would like to see him "replaced", I see no value of keeping him around for 12months playing seconds here seconds there, so personally I would loan him out.

I agree with you and @Nymzee. The 4 positions mentioned are the most important to fill for me. And they have to be quality. I would like to see 2 centre midfielders. And have gana/davies/beni as the back up.

I’d keep Mori and have him and holgate as back up. I’m not a big fan of Mori, but I doubt we would get decent money for him this summer after having a season out.

Also we need a top quality striker back up £30mil plus. To compete with Tosun abs send DCL on loan. And in Özyakup on free. And then we can have decent back up for the 3 behind the striker.

Probably going to cost about 100mil. Have we got the money

If we went for just starters at LB / CB / CM / CF and went for top quality in each area I would guess were looking at 120mil+

However, selling Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Mirallas, Niasse, Besic, Cuco, Williams and about 12 other players listed in the first team would surely bring in 55mil+ and we would save a fortune on wages.

I really think we just need to go for 4/5 players at first choice level and get back to a comfortable 7th+ position before pushing on the following season with a couple of marquee signings and more experience throughout the squad.

Need to give them chances?

Tom Davies has probably had the most minutes of any 19 year old in the league, whats the problem with him being a squad player for 2 or 3 years and then when hes 22 hopefully he has kicked on and added more to his game? Im honestly not trying to bash TomTom, I think hes got very good potential, I just dont consider him the required standard currently.

So I would like to see him "replaced", I see no value of keeping him around for 12months playing seconds here seconds there, so personally I would loan him out.

For me...Kenny, Davies, Baningime, Dowell, Lookman, Vlasic and DCL are all fine as squad players...2nd choice getting time and experience on the pitch over the season.

If we signed 4/5 new starters and punted a huge amount then with no European football we're going to have a decent first eleven who should make 7th place...spend the season adjusting to a new managers style of play + give the kids experience.

Holgate should be the only starter at the moment unless Lookman/Onyekuru can show in preseason they can make the left wing slot their own or they are comfortable to rotate.

If we went for just starters at LB / CB / CM / CF and went for top quality in each area I would guess were looking at 120mil+

However, selling Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Mirallas, Niasse, Besic, Cuco, Williams and about 12 other players listed in the first team would surely bring in 55mil+ and we would save a fortune on wages.

I really think we just need to go for 4/5 players at first choice level and get back to a comfortable 7th+ position before pushing on the following season with a couple of marquee signings and more experience throughout the squad.
Except we’re not going to sell 20+ players in a season though are we? No club has ever done that.

Except we’re not going to sell 20+ players in a season though are we? No club has ever done that.

Well to be honest we should be the first.

Dont forget, we have :

Robles confirmed going
Besic, Mirallas, Sandro who are unlikely to "return"
Galloway, Browning, Charsley, Pennington, Connolly, Byrne, Williams all out on loan, some have had a tough time of it and I would imagine most will be moved on
Dowell, Lookman, Robinson who might have "enjoyed" the time away and look for a move
Question marks regarding Klaassen, Williams, Snides, Mori, Niasse futures

Theres 19 names already.

For the first team we need:
Left Back - Frank Fabra or Luke Shaw or Kwadwo Asamoah
Centre Back - Jonny Evans or Chris Smalling or Alfie Mawson
Defensive Midfielder - Steve N'zonzi or Abdoulaye Doucouré
Creative Midfielder - Oğuzhan Özyakup or Jack Wilshere or Bernard

For the squad we need:
Backup Goalkeeper - ????
Backup Striker - Moussa Marega or Andre-Pierre
e Gignac or Jay Rodriguez

Bertrand and Austin please
stone-cold-steve-austin-drinking-beer-wrestlemania-25-ring-turnbuckle-570148.jpg

For me...Kenny, Davies, Baningime, Dowell, Lookman, Vlasic and DCL are all fine as squad players...2nd choice getting time and experience on the pitch over the season.

If we signed 4/5 new starters and punted a huge amount then with no European football we're going to have a decent first eleven who should make 7th place...spend the season adjusting to a new managers style of play + give the kids experience.

Holgate should be the only starter at the moment unless Lookman/Onyekuru can show in preseason they can make the left wing slot their own or they are comfortable to rotate.

4 of the 7 are garbage and aren’t good enough for the PL, the other 3 could go either way. But still not at the level required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back