Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I’ve seen you post much but I’m glad you’ve come along. There’s no one else on this forum who says it as it is. We’re missing members like you.
Everyone is far too carried away with winning 22-0 and looking to be positive.

I understand it’s a new manager but silva was linked with the club last October and I wonder he must have noticed issues then. It shouldn’t take 5-6 weeks to figure out who’s good enough and who his target is, he was unemployed at the time surely he would have had 1-2 in mind ready for the board to consider when he walked in. I hope the Lookman rumour is handled and their told were to go, how on earth can the club can consider a fee in the region of 20 million quid while they still pay wages to Bolaise, KM, Davy and Niaase? It doesn’t add up ... left back CB second forward and a box to box midfielder we’re a massive priority. None brought in ...

Why are some people in panic mode here? We need to sell before buying. We have had to do this for nearly two decades now. We blew loads of money last summer and it's easily going to knock us back a season. By my reckoning we only have one saleable asset and that's Pickford. So either we sell him or we try and shift all the rubbish we bought under Koeman. If we don't do either of these then we can't bring new players in. We can't afford to. It's never really been any different.
So many wrongs in this ^^^

I understand it’s a new manager but silva was linked with the club last October and I wonder he must have noticed issues then. It shouldn’t take 5-6 weeks to figure out who’s good enough and who his target is, he was unemployed at the time surely he would have had 1-2 in mind ready for the board to consider when he walked in. I hope the Lookman rumour is handled and their told were to go, how on earth can the club can consider a fee in the region of 20 million quid while they still pay wages to Bolaise, KM, Davy and Niaase? It doesn’t add up ... left back CB second forward and a box to box midfielder we’re a massive priority. None brought in ...

I admit it’s not ideal but we’re not in a position to keep adding players to a squad that is already far too big. We can’t get players in in the hope that someone will come in for the dross bought by the previous manager / DOF.

Bruh. You want anyone judged on Big Sam football? Silva didn't get to see the players until this month to make assessments.

I’m not sure I’ve seen you post much but I’m glad you’ve come along. There’s no one else on this forum who says it as it is. We’re missing members like you.
Everyone is far too carried away with winning 22-0 and looking to be positive.

Hi mate, if you go in the Liverpool thread he's very positive in there.

Understandable again some good points about being realistic, I think it’s anger with a lot of the fans, can see other clubs around them buying and shifting their deadwood out while we don’t seem to be doing anything apart from playing crabs in friendlies. Wolves opening day of the season could turn sour if we don’t start well and areas haven’t been addressed. The club needs stability under silva, however they also needed to hit the ground running in terms of a few additions. Let’s see how the next few weeks pan out I suppose.

All im going to say is embargo tonight is looking spicy...

2e755t.jpg

Why are some people in panic mode here? We need to sell before buying. We have had to do this for nearly two decades now. We blew loads of money last summer and it's easily going to knock us back a season. By my reckoning we only have one saleable asset and that's Pickford. So either we sell him or we try and shift all the rubbish we bought under Koeman. If we don't do either of these then we can't bring new players in. We can't afford to. It's never really been any different.
Problem is we can't sell due to their values on the books. Bolasie must be worth 15m, Klaasen 20m, Keane 20m to name a few and nobody is going to pay them prices. Take any less than their value and we are worse off. For example lets say we sold them for a combined 30m then we need to find another 15m just to break even before spending anything. Best bet is loaning out for a fee and part wages paid that way we make room in the squad whilst keeping their values on the books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back