Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
REALISTICALLY For the first team we need:
Left Back ✔️
Centre Back ✔️
Defensive Midfielder ✔️
Creative Midfielder ✔️

For the squad we need:
Backup Goalkeeper ✔️
Backup Striker ✔️

We have the likes of Dowell, Besic, Browning, Galloway, Sandro, Mirallas, Pennington, Lookman and Onyekuru on loan who have played some part of first team football so the squad is big enough but not as talented.

The new manager will need to ship out a few of the deadwood like:
Williams
Martina
Niasse.

We have questions about Schneiderlin, Vlasic, Klaassen and Funes Mori - will they add to the squad or time to move on.

Squad 2018/2019 (17 players)

Pickford/Steklenburg

Coleman/Kenny
Baines
Holgate/Keane/Jagielka

Gueye/Davies/Baningime
Sigurdsson/Rooney
Walcott/Bolasie

Tosun/Calvert-Lewin

I would take out Kenny, beningme, DCL, holgate (since playing too many of our U23s is one of the reason we struggled badly this season I think) but only if we bring in more experienced players in the summer.

4 of the 7 are garbage and aren’t good enough for the PL, the other 3 could go either way. But still not at the level required

Let's see if we agree on who you're talking about:

Kenny, Davies, Dowell, DCL
Baningime, Lookman, Vlasic

Right?

;)

Cooooorect

Agree on your point. We're screwed if we're saying those players should be important squad players for us. You can argue for one or two, let's say Vlasic and Lookman, to have them in the squad to add competition, but the others should be out on loan or, I say in DCL case especially, sold.

Kenny, Davies and Baningime are all decent youngsters and have plenty of time to improve and all appear to have a decent attitude, certainly whenever I've seen any of them in an interview they've come across much more mature and intelligent than Rooney who has probably even had 15 years of media training and even now he can't string two sentences together the thick get.

Dowell should be sent on loan again next season before it being decided whether to keep/offload at the end of next season. No real hopes with him for us.

Both Lookman and Vlasic seem to have a bit more than the rest, but still make very basic mistakes. Lookman seems a bit headless chicken at times

Baningime has looked good, but about 5 games is not enough to judge on. Signs are positive. Davies has massively nosedived this year and Kenny isn’t good enough unfortunately, a loan may help but I just see Tony Hibbert

DCL, a striker that doesn’t score. Seems a really nice grounded lad, but NEA bin him.

Dowell, wow. We’ve all went to school with someone like him. Gifted, with a killer left foot but a total fanny who seems petrified of his own shadow. Should be running games now with his ability

Lot of people seems to overestimate how good these are

People dont wanna hear this truth.

They all have visions of Class of 2018.

Why would we sell Vlasic??????

Proper buffoons our fans like.

Well Nymzee you can read with your very own peepers that some people would sell off 5 England u21 internationals+ Baningime and Vlasic himself...

Just because they aren't superstars in their first full premier league season lol

Im sick and tired of players being given chances and also hearing that other players will be better next season. The premier league is cut throat now. It's changed. Very very few players now do a Harry Kane and become good over time. Manchester city Will never produce a youngster again. They will buy the best lads from across Europe.
That is the new modern football I'm afraid.

And yet Phil Foden has played in 6 games this season at the age of 17.

Didn't our young lads win the prem 2 a year ago. A good manager who nurtures young players who would Bring a few more into the fold next season...I would rather have yet another building season, But... Built the correct way we could have the beginnings of a fergie dynasty in a year or so.I think i would rather that than panic buying expensive unwanted top six players.

I said we should get Andy Robertson long before he joined Liverpool

I should be head scout

Slide in my dms moshiri and we can work out my contract

Robertson would have been regarded at this point as a bad signing mate, he's succeeded so far due to being managed, motivated, and trained to a very particular system. So a well managed signing.

Here he'd have been used wrongly, struggled and been written off exactly how Kenny has been this season and several others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back