Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Phillips, Erik Pieters and Jake Livermore plus 1 or 2 fringe players would do nicely.

550.jpg

Robertson would have been regarded at this point as a bad signing mate, he's succeeded so far due to being managed, motivated, and trained to a very particular system. So a well managed signing.

Here he'd have been used wrongly, struggled and been written off exactly how Kenny has been this season and several others.

Its almost as if he's been given time to work on his game, get a manager that trusts him and use his strengths and he's all of a sudden looking quality.

He would of been binned off on loan by most people on here and declared not good enough if we bought him.

LOANS....................LOANS FOR EVERYONE

Well Nymzee you can read with your very own peepers that some people would sell off 5 England u21 internationals+ Baningime and Vlasic himself...

Just because they aren't superstars in their first full premier league season lol

And yet Phil Foden has played in 6 games this season at the age of 17.

Didn’t say because they weren’t superstars lid, it’s because they’re not good enough.

Roll the clock back 15 years and you would have been banging on about how class Osman and Hibbert were.

Didn’t say because they weren’t superstars lid, it’s because they’re not good enough.

Roll the clock back 15 years and you would have been banging on about how class Osman and Hibbert were.

Nope...not one bit.

but I think you may have been and that's why you're still heartbroken now.

get over it.

They were good. 300 games for us each when we were top 7 regulars. I'd rather have Osman than any of our midfielders.

I've never understood the bile directed at Osman on these pages. I always thought he was a fine player - skillful, clever, imaginative, and a decent goalscorer. Never had the build or speed for the era he played in, unfortunately, and would have been held in much higher regard in the 70s and 80s. I also think he would have prospered in a team like Arsenal. One of his biggest problems with us was having the likes of Hibbert and Neville at fullback behind him. Regardless of any qualities they might have had - especially Hibbert - neither could get the ball to Osman quickly enough so, by the time he received it, he was no longer in space and was having to fend off his marker.

What a marvellous marker for ambition

I want better, but if we are producing players capable of 300+ games in a top 7 side then the academy is doing a good job.

Manchester United had the likes of Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Phil Neville, Darron Gibson, Darren Fletcher as part of title winning squads playing 30+ games a season.

Osman wasn't world class but we've spend £25m on Bolasie and Klaassen and £45m on Sigurdsson and two of them aren't fit to lace his boots and the other is no better.

To be fair Osman would be very good in our current team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back