Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...n-rb-leipzig-third-bid-how-much-a8454531.html

Worrying. Very worrying.

Everton are braced for a third bid from RB Leipzig for Ademola Lookman.
The Bundesliga side have so far had two offers rejected to sign the 20-year-old but are preparing a third bid this week to break the deadlock.
Everton want £20million for the player they paid Charlton Athletic an initial £8million for in January 2017. So far Leipzig have only offered £12m plus add-ons and then £14m plus add-ons, both of which Everton have rejected. But Leipzig are expected to make a third bid this week, which they hope will be close enough to Everton’s valuation to sign the player.

England Under-21 international Lookman spent the second half of last season on loan at Leipzig, impressing with five goals in the Bundesliga, helping the team to qualify for this season’s Europa League. Now Ralf Rangnick, who has returned to manage the team, is desperate to keep Lookman in the Leipzig team for next season, which is why the club are considering meeting Everton’s price tag.

Lookman himself is keen on the permanent move to Germany. He is confident of being part of the first-team at Leipzig while Everton see him as a promising youngster but not necessarily part of the first-team yet, with new manager Marco Silva still assessing his squad. Especially while Everton pursue a move for Bordeaux’s Brazilian winger Malcolm, and are interested in am ambitious move to sign Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace.
Everton signed Lookman from Charlton in the January 2017 window for an initial £8m potentially rising to £11m. But he found first-team opportunities limited under Ronald Koeman and Sam Allardyce, prompting him to leave on loan in January in pursuit of first-team football. Now that he has found it in Germany, he does not want to give it up.

The club should be doing all they can to keep him. So far, I believe they have done, rejecting the bids. But we should be flat out refusing business.
Problem is for that narrative to stick you have to ignore the fact that Silva has said he wants Lookman for the first team, the 20m estimate came from an absolute toilet newspaper, we aren’t in for Malcom and the Zaha link is strenuous at best.

Bit of jackanory that. Football hipsters can’t stand us having nice things.

And having someone post a gif laughing at my opinion isn’t?

You have a day off replying to my posts if it bothers you THAT much. As I’ve said, put me on ignore. No skin off my nose.

We’re one of only three clubs in the league to not sign a player, we’re having to sell before we can buy, teams below us are improving, our city rivals are buying seriously impressive players and our stadium move is falling through, but we’re meant to be happy?

If it really bothers you that much, call the club and vent your spleen. Save us all from the eye AIDS we are having to suffer from reading your constant babyish ranting.

...Silva indicated he doesn’t see a problem getting his targets in and they should start to arrive in the next few days. Can’t get a straighter communication than that. Let’s just wait and see who those players are.

But the kids want transfers and they want them NOW!

or their pampers will over explode.

...Silva indicated he doesn’t see a problem getting his targets in and they should start to arrive in the next few days. Can’t get a straighter communication than that. Let’s just wait and see who those players are.

I think we expected Malcom for around 35m, with Lookman out for around 20m.

Gianluca Di Marzio saying Everton had a deal agreed, but Roma stormed in with their Alisson money.

Just a hunch on Lookman - been saying for ages he wants off, him not playing yesterday and leipzigs persistence tells you there's something to it.

Then? Found a quote and twist the meaning as you want. You said in #164 I got sucked in and thought Everton was the new Manchester City. When the hell did I said that you liar?

When people questioned the Siggy signings as having no resale value, you said " Would Citeh fans moan about resale value "

Ergo you compared us to Manchester City. The vaults don't lie, don't fight them for they are all powerful. Embrace your mistake and ask the vaults to forgive you.

If it is true that Roma is after Malcom we know how it's gonna pan out.
This is starting to look very concerning.

Williams and Mirallas trying to stay and I'll be damned for saying this but if they both are here when the season starts we will be in big trouble. Relegation fight im afraid.

I think we expected Malcom for around 35m, with Lookman out for around 20m.

Gianluca Di Marzio saying Everton had a deal agreed, but Roma stormed in with their Alisson money.

Just a hunch on Lookman - been saying for ages he wants off, him not playing yesterday and leipzigs persistence tells you there's something to it.

Lookman has potential, but he has'nt performed great for us in the league. Because he went out on loan and has not been available for us. We seem to forget this and just like when Mori and Bolasie were out injured they for some reason become better players in the heads of some fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back