Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we expected Malcom for around 35m, with Lookman out for around 20m.

Gianluca Di Marzio saying Everton had a deal agreed, but Roma stormed in with their Alisson money.
I don't think we were after Malcom. Kirkbride killed it straight away and King said pretty much the same thing but not as definitive. I don't understand why this Di Marzio is held up as some transfer guru when he's essentially the Italian version of Kaveh Solhekol.

Just a hunch on Lookman - been saying for ages he wants off, him not playing yesterday and leipzigs persistence tells you there's something to it.
I do think Lookman wants out though and you can't blame him either to be fair.

Why does he want to leave? Why do all our young players want to leave?

I’m more worried that our new investor can’t keep our best players. Would Man city sell KDB if Barcelona came?

Regardless of why, if a player wants to leave they generally get their wishes.

There could be a number of reasons, such as the player has not settled at the club, it is not always the clubs fault and there is zero point in keeping an unhappy player.

How? Not defending him, just dont follow your logic. Transfer wise, Walcott and Tosun are fine.

Belittling of the club, constantly claiming it was an achievement to finish top half

People in football forget the good things very quickly but remember the negative things for a while.

Allardyce's tenure will take a while to resolve

I don't think we were after Malcom. Kirkbride killed it straight away and King said pretty much the same thing but not as definitive.

I do think Lookman wants out though and you can't blame him either to be fair.

We'll never know really, just second guessing and trying to read between the lines.

I think the Echo react to what the club brief them/managing expectations/save face.

L'Équipe etc, and even Gianluca Di Marzio today continuing to say Everton were trying for him.

We'll never know really, just second guessing and trying to read between the lines.

I think the Echo react to what the club brief them/managing expectations/save face.

L'Équipe etc, and even Gianluca Di Marzio today continuing to say Everton were trying for him.

We will be in disappointment when Roma sign him. Too good to be true. Likely his agent psssed on the rumour to force Roma’ hands?

You really are a strange creature. I'm starting to see why so many find you a bit tedious/why you're very close to being a High Maintenance Member.

Again, clearly, a dedicated transfer rumour thread doesn't mean he's signing - as all these will show: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/forums/everton-forum.2/?prefix_id=4

It just means there is significant discussion around that particular player that warrants its own thread.

Those threads will either be closed when the narrative changes, or when there's no reply for 30 days.

It's really, really not that difficult.

I wasn’t questioning why you had the thread, you explained that clearly yesterday.

Im just amused by the thought that he was ever going to sign for us in the first place and the fact so many were suckered in by what was obviously an unfounded rumour which the local rag quickly confirmed as jarg.

I’m sorry for being so high maintenance. Until today and yesterday I don’t recall you having to address any of my recent posts and I haven’t had any warnings for quite a while.

I will take my thoughts elsewhere if that’s how you feel.

I wasn’t questioning why you had the thread, you explained that clearly yesterday.

Im just amused by the thought that he was ever going to sign for us in the first place and the fact so many were suckered in by what was obviously an unfounded rumour which the local rag quickly confirmed as jarg.

I’m sorry for being so high maintenance. Until today and yesterday I don’t recall you having to address any of my recent posts and I haven’t had any warnings for quite a while.

Following your angst yesterday, continuance like this isn't conducive;

Ha ha ha ha.

The Malcolm thread.

That is all.
When’s the Malcolm signing being confirmed lads.

Ha ha ha ha ha PMSL.

It’s killing me this lollollol

Here is a thread with 460 replies about Manolo Gabbiadini to Everton. Here is a thread with 1,600 replies about Kalidou Koulibaly to Everton. Here is a thread with over 3,000 replies about Giroud to Everton. There's two for Van Dijk (both times around), Diego Costa and more with either hundreds/thousands of replies. They all didn't happen,as most transfer rumour threads don't - some were always very unlikely but the need for discussion was there. There's also plenty that did - Sigurdsson, Keane, Rooney etc.

In the 11+ years we've been about we've had a dedicated transfer thread for general chit chat, and encourage separate threads for players - significant discussion around that warrants its own thread. It helps with the sites structure, it also helps with content discovery - it makes it a lot easier for fans to dip in and out.

It's very common. Using Malcom as the example then given you find it so hilarious. Spurs, they're linked with him. Had a quick look at a Spurs forum. Here is their Summer 2018 Transfer Thread: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/summer-2018-transfer-thread.9452/ and here is their dedicated Malcom thread: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/malcom.9379/

All considered, given you've never once took issue with a transfer thread or how we manage transfer discussion - my assumption is you took issue with the person who created the Malcom thread - the person being a moderator who has pulled you up in the past and now you're coming across as a little silly because I highlighted it and given how contradictory you look.

That'll be the last comment I offer you on it, you can carry on but all it'll do is nudge you closer to High Maintenance.

Good day to you sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back