Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll never know really, just second guessing and trying to read between the lines.

I think the Echo react to what the club brief them/managing expectations/save face.

L'Équipe etc, and even Gianluca Di Marzio today continuing to say Everton were trying for him.

I don't see why L'Equipe or Di Marzio wouldn't be the ones feeding off of Malcom's agents brief.

No one from our own reliable group (Joyce, King, Bascombe, Hunter) have said anything about an interest in Malcom. The only time Malcom's been mentioned by them is to rubbish the rumour.

How we are perceived by those looking at us from the outside.

No one is ever going to convince me that Everton are not the greatest football team in the world. But panicking and appointing Big Sam put a huge dent in how we are perceived by potential new signings, especially those who we need to make a step up in levels.

I think perception matters. Maybe I'm overemphasising it. Dunno.
I think you're spot on mate, Allardyce is a poor premiere league teams choice, that made us one of them, Moshiri and Bill have already killed us.

[QUOTE="bullybeef,

I will take my thoughts elsewhere if that’s how you feel.[/QUOTE]

9A9DEFDF-D2AC-4A7D-987E-4632019F5E7C.webp

F loans, I hate them it's a false sense of hope unless it's Lukaku where they perform well and we can buy them but I don't see that the case with RLC.

Got to say, we sell Lookman, I won't be impressed.

I can deal with us taking time on the signings. That's fine.

But, selling one of our best prospects - again, when there is no reason to - is ludicrous.
I think we expected Malcom for around 35m, with Lookman out for around 20m.

Gianluca Di Marzio saying Everton had a deal agreed, but Roma stormed in with their Alisson money.

Just a hunch on Lookman - been saying for ages he wants off, him not playing yesterday and leipzigs persistence tells you there's something to it.
Lookman has potential, but he has'nt performed great for us in the league. Because he went out on loan and has not been available for us. We seem to forget this and just like when Mori and Bolasie were out injured they for some reason become better players in the heads of some fans.

If we sell Lookman then we must be looking at an alternative player who Brands has pinpointed.

If its Lozano then alot of fans will be happy.

Personally i hold the view that if we sell someone in the English u21 group then we need to replace with someone the same age but higher ability ceiling.

I think were in for Lozano.

Mina and Malcom links seem to need life support.

Gutted we were never in for Maddison.

3 weeks until the window closes and just tentative links so far.

Yeah, they’ve seen the silly numbers from our lovable neighbours and realised they can buy a decent keeper for a tenth of that and invest the rest on players they couldn’t have got before.

It’s good to see we’re at least looking in the same pools as the likes of Monchi at Roma with Kluivert Malcolm Lozano etc. rather than having zero competition for players like Bolasie and Klaasen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back