Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you don’t mention is why it turned out to be the way it was. Money isn’t the problem, it’s the people making the decisions and strategy going forward. There obviously wasn’t any of that, a dreadful lack of objectivity and planning not just from Walsh and Koeman but those above them.

Yet here we are

True, in hindsight, but at the time we buzzed off Sandro, off Keane, off Pickford etc. and only a few signings were hits.

All these players we aren’t getting and fuming over could just be another Klaassen for all we know.

Blaming Walsh and Koeman is a little cliche at this point.

They messed up and they got the bullet, but it wasnt just them wasting the money, somebody higher gave them the nod.

But whats done is done, people are so eager to throw blame around, are we not a team? We fail together, we rise together, whats done is done, its about how we get out of this mess.

..it’s funny though, because we haven’t even signed any players for the U23 squad. I think the aim is to bring 6 a season in and we’ve normally got a few acquisitions early. Clearly a major assessment going on within the club.
If we don;t sign a random u20's goalkeeper I will be livid!!

Blaming Walsh and Koeman is a little cliche at this point.

They messed up and they got the bullet, but it wasnt just them wasting the money, somebody higher gave them the nod.

But whats done is done, people are so eager to throw blame around, are we not a team? We fail together, we rise together, whats done is done, its about how we get out of this mess.

I don’t like narratives mate, ones that lack context anyway. I’m seeing the Koeman/Walsh blame narrative a lot . They are to blame, of course they are, both have been dreadful at Everton but my point is they are not the only ones and for some reason it doesn’t get mentioned.

True, in hindsight, but at the time we buzzed off Sandro, off Keane, off Pickford etc. and only a few signings were hits.

All these players we aren’t getting and fuming over could just be another Klaassen for all we know.

And we didn’t replace Lukaku which was played down at the time which I found odd. You are right tho, there was a lot of buzz/hype at those signings.

I think we should forget Lookman, he wants to leave, and we should forget Malcom he's on his way to Rome and stop wasting any more time and just buy Lozano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back