Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to know why nobody is going after bas dost. I think he's a risk we could take given he's "free".

I thought he had signed for someone in Turkey, but just looked it up and he is still available, crazy. Although, because he is free he can sign for someone after the window has closed, so he might not be in any rush to sign for anyone, because he could potentially get a better deal the longer he waits

Correct - so the club is either totally incompetent or the bulk of these rumours are total nonsense.

I think both are true personally.

It feels like the 90's when we were trying to sign; Klinsman, Ravanelli or George Weah and we never really had a prayer of doing the deal, just smoke and mirrors

So 3 weeks left and Silva is only going to start having the "we're binning you off" chats next week.

Superb.

I dont have a problem with Welbeck being branded a "cast off" or anything, but look at his goalscoring record;

2017-18
Matches 28
Goals 5
Assists 2

2016-17
Matches 16
Goals 2
Assists 2

2015-16
Matches 11
Goals 4
Assists 2

2014-15
Matches 25
Goals 4
Assists 3

He averages about 3.75 goals per season, granted 2 of the last 4 seasons he has only played half a season (Injury prone?). But at any rate he is not going to give us the goals we need for the type of wages he would want

We do need bodies in key areas, I don't expect anything other than paying modest fees for three or four players with equally modest reputations, but I'd still like most of the business to be done in the next week or so. If that's the case then let them at least be young and with potential.

If things go beyond July there will be a tendency amongst most clubs in a weak position to wait until deadline day and whilst I don't mind bringing in one player on that day, going into it needing any more is sheer folly. I can understand clubs being dependent on the merry-go-round at times to do business, but the absolute desperation with which business is conducted for the most part on that day just laughs in the face of any degree of co-ordination and planning, which is Brands responsibility now.

They must know their budget, and must have had all the meetings they need to have had. Now is the time to expect to hear some news.

We are back in 2001, really, when Moyes took over. Further down the food chain, in a terribly vulnerable position and with neither the adequate finances or degree of attractiveness to get players of real quality. We'll be punting on players in the hope they're more hit than miss.

It's going to be an ugly year or two, with the stadium foreshadowing everything. Time to put our helmets on and knuckle down I fear.

At times it feels like we are going after players we just cannot get, like Malcolm and Zaha, because they will go to champions league clubs. It is going to be difficult to attract anyone decent and still lower the wage bill, because we cannot offer these players champions league so the only thing we can offer is playing time and more wages.

West Ham signed Felipe Anderson and Yarmolenko from Lazio and Dortmund respectively. Fulham got Seri. Wolves are signing the entire Portuguese league. The draw of the PL is there.

We do need bodies in key areas, I don't expect anything other than paying modest fees for three or four players with equally modest reputations, but I'd still like most of the business to be done in the next week or so. If that's the case then let them at least be young and with potential.

If things go beyond July there will be a tendency amongst most clubs in a weak position to wait until deadline day and whilst I don't mind bringing in one player on that day, going into it needing any more is sheer folly. I can understand clubs being dependent on the merry-go-round at times to do business, but the absolute desperation with which business is conducted for the most part on that day just laughs in the face of any degree of co-ordination and planning, which is Brands responsibility now.

They must know their budget, and must have had all the meetings they need to have had. Now is the time to expect to hear some news.

We are back in 2001, really when Moyes took over. Further down the food chain, in a terribly vulnerable position and with neither the adequate finances or degree of attractiveness to attract players of real quality. We'll be punting on players in the hope they're more hit than miss.

It's going to be an ugly year or two, with the stadium foreshadowing everything. Time to put our helments on and knuckle down I fear.

We were in a far worse position when Moyes took over.

Yeh let’s decide everything on a few training sessions before we’ve played a half decent friendly. Good shout that lad.

I believe he’s been watching Everton closely for the last 6 months.

Also I imagine the only players he wanted to see where the kids and how they are.

We were in a far worse position when Moyes took over.
I am not completely convinced of that.
We had a very disappointing season but still finished eight.
We have a whole raft of very young players with more coming through and some of them at least can turn out to be very good players.
We have some good players in the squad who have not done as well as they should. Pickford,Coleman, Gueye,Walcott,Sigurdsson,Tosun to name just six are players that I think even most critical Evertonians would be happy with in their team.

The key is the manager. Moyes for a long time was exactly the right manager for the club but in recent seasons that hasn't been the case. If Silva is the right man we can have a very good season, if not, then it will be another struggle.

Can imagine Everton going for players like Malcom would be like an average dude matching with a worldie on Tinder..

He gets excited when he manages to strike up a conversation, but as time goes on the reality sets in that she's not all that arsed as more attractive fellas start circling..

foreveralone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back