Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have a problem with Welbeck being branded a "cast off" or anything, but look at his goalscoring record;

2017-18
Matches 28
Goals 5
Assists 2

2016-17
Matches 16
Goals 2
Assists 2

2015-16
Matches 11
Goals 4
Assists 2

2014-15
Matches 25
Goals 4
Assists 3

He averages about 3.75 goals per season, granted 2 of the last 4 seasons he has only played half a season (Injury prone?). But at any rate he is not going to give us the goals we need for the type of wages he would want
It's his workrate aswell, he runs down the channels and provides an outlet something tosun doesent as he has limited pace

We do need bodies in key areas, I don't expect anything other than paying modest fees for three or four players with equally modest reputations, but I'd still like most of the business to be done in the next week or so. If that's the case then let them at least be young and with potential.

If things go beyond July there will be a tendency amongst most clubs in a weak position to wait until deadline day and whilst I don't mind bringing in one player on that day, going into it needing any more is sheer folly. I can understand clubs being dependent on the merry-go-round at times to do business, but the absolute desperation with which business is conducted for the most part on that day just laughs in the face of any degree of co-ordination and planning, which is Brands responsibility now.

They must know their budget, and must have had all the meetings they need to have had. Now is the time to expect to hear some news.

We are back in 2001, really, when Moyes took over. Further down the food chain, in a terribly vulnerable position and with neither the adequate finances or degree of attractiveness to get players of real quality. We'll be punting on players in the hope they're more hit than miss.

It's going to be an ugly year or two, with the stadium foreshadowing everything. Time to put our helmets on and knuckle down I fear.

I trust Silva to get the squad to outperform this season..feel very positive on that....

West Ham signed Felipe Anderson and Yarmolenko from Lazio and Dortmund respectively. Fulham got Seri. Wolves are signing the entire Portuguese league. The draw of the PL is there.

I think there are 2 things there, 1. West Ham have the draw of London, as much as we might like to think it has no impact, it does. 2 Wolves have a deal in place with agent Jorge Mendes.

Inconsistent, still rate him for now. But should be aiming for better. Out of the two that left Arsenal, Oxlaide-Chamberlain stood out more IMO.

I thought he was class for us, during second part of the season. Be interesting to see if he becomes inconsistent this season. Ox is out for nearly the whole of this season, so i'm glad we didn't get him haha.

It's his workrate aswell, he runs down the channels and provides an outlet something tosun doesent as he has limited pace

We have enough players who can do that already; Niasse, Lookman, Bolasie, Walcott, Vlasic, Mirrallas, DCL.

We need a striker who can be in the box and score goals when Tosun is out of form or injured, I just don’t think Welbeck is the man for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back