Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first tenuous link to Malcom appeared three days ago. If those links are to be believed (I'm not sure they are) we met with Bordaeux's chairman yesterday.

..as you say, ‘if the links are to be believed’ it appears Bordeaux prefer Everton’s financial offer over Inter’s, although the player prefers a move to Italy.

Just reading Silva’s recent comments, though, he seemed confident his key targets are due to sign. If that’s the case, I presume those deals are just about concluded.

He'll be taking the whole squad (that is available) to Portugal. Two games in 48 hours so everyone gets a run out and a last chance to impress.
Indeed, the biggest thing I’m taking from it is he is evidently giving opportunities to the players and not just wielding the axe.

Makes a change from Sam/Ron going with their primal instincts and generally making poor choices and being too stubborn to see that they were wrong.

Di Marzo Italian journalist who’s usually good with stuff has come out and said Roma pushing ahead with a deal for Malcom, not good need to get Brands in there to persuade him to join Everton. Would be typical RS luck sign their target, give the club big cash and they go for one of our targets. Intrigued to see what happens over the next 3 weeks, think the window closing early is a blessing but we’ll see managers struggling if they haven’t got their squads boxed by the first game.

RS signing their keeper wouldn’t have been an issue if we moved for Malcom 2-3 weeks ago

..as you say, ‘if the links are to be believed’ it appears Bordeaux prefer Everton’s financial offer over Inter’s, although the player prefers a move to Italy.

Just reading Silva’s recent comments, though, he seemed confident his key targets are due to sign. If that’s the case, I presume those deals are just about concluded.

That,s my feeling as well...is it both Quality and Quantity or something else...

The first tenuous link to Malcom appeared three days ago. If those links are to be believed (I'm not sure they are) we met with Bordaeux's chairman yesterday.

Hasn’t he said he wants to go to Italy? If that’s be the case then we should pull the pin and move on, signing people that don’t want to be here and convincing them with ££££ doesn’t work. Look at koeman as a classic example and sandro

At times it feels like we are going after players we just cannot get, like Malcolm and Zaha, because they will go to champions league clubs. It is going to be difficult to attract anyone decent and still lower the wage bill, because we cannot offer these players champions league so the only thing we can offer is playing time and more wages.

At times it feels like we are going after players we just cannot get, like Malcolm and Zaha, because they will go to champions league clubs. It is going to be difficult to attract anyone decent and still lower the wage bill, because we cannot offer these players champions league so the only thing we can offer is playing time and more wages.

Correct - so the club is either totally incompetent or the bulk of these rumours are total nonsense.

I think both are true personally.

The problem is that the link originated from sky sports. The article has now disappeared from their site, which suggests they've made it up and are back tracking. As much as I would have loved him at Everton, we we're probably never in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back