Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina, Digne, Richarlison would be quite the summer. Only trouble I have with it is going over $100m for three players. Hope they're all stars (if it comes to fruition).
Add Loftus-Cheek and Batshuayi to that list (and probably another 60 million spent) and that will in my opinion be the best summer window we have ever had. 50 mil for Richarlison is ridiculous though...

Just a shame it pretty much kills off any hope of getting a proper playmaker in this window now, you'd imaging the 3 behind the striker wil be Theo, gylfi and richarlson, Could've done with a proper door unlocker in there, but baby steps I guess after the pooshow that was last summer

Absolutely agree

I'm almost convinced this reported 50 mil fee is rubbish. The only way I could see it become that high is if their is some ridiculous add ons put on there in order for Watford to appear better. They care a lot about their perception as was evident when they made that ridiculous letter after silva was sacked and they don't want to seem like they got pushed around by a bigger club. Imagine us being responsible for their disastrous season and taking their best player? They probably didn't want to sell to us but Richarlison probably forced his move because he wanted to link back up with Silva and go to a much bigger club.

This is such a confusing thread. Haven't we all seen Richarlison? He's freakin good and he's 21. Fast, good in the air, can tackle, and take people on like cray, super direct. Get an outside back on his wing so he can cut in, with Walcott / Coleman on the right...man, that's firepower we haven't had in awhile. But this kid is really good and he's only 21.

To me, the BIGGEST problem on this club under Silva is how the heck we are going to build from the back and spring our outside backs to generate offense. So I'm more concerned about CM, CB, and LB, but how could anyone be excited about Malcom, Chucky (who I was calling for well ahead of the WC), and not this kid?

My guess is also that they know they can move a lot of their guys. They know they can move Bolasie and Mirallas. Even Cuco. That's my guess.

And Digne is really good. When he was Tierney's age, he was talked about in the same way. I see no reason to believe he isn't every bit as good as Tierney right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back