Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..Pienaar and Baines was an ideal partnership because they complimented each other with the ability of short Inter-changing passes, resulting in one of them being ‘put in’.

Richarlison is different, and the manager might not want anybody taking the space ahead of him. As Silva said to the Echo, ‘Richarlison is direct’, so you want him to exploit space behind the opposition full back.

I’m hoping this is part of a football strategy.
I’m in agreement - if the space is there to exploit then he’s going to arrack it, but there will be opportunities for an overlap with an adventurous left wing back behind.

Holebas got into some great positions last year, whilst not the best he got a few goals and assists from memory.

Out of place in a team that is there to solely be the whipping boys of the group. Surely you can see how much of a risk he is at £25m?
25m is nothing for a lad that has huge potential. Sure lets see where he ends up and we can revisit. We are going to miss the boat again.

My only doubt about this is that Digne does not get forward nearly as much as Baines DID, I would love to get Tierney and Richarlison on board, proper Bainaar that.
Think he could be coached to get forward more?

He looks faster than Baines, just as composed. The delivery Baines has sets him apart, but he could be useful going forward.

I’m not opppsed to Tierney by the way, just haven’t seen much of either. Both nice players from the little I’ve heard.

Agreed, but It shows that there is money freely available for a transfer which offers little or no value, but not for one when we'd come out with a prospect of making some money when he moves on.
Show massively questionable decision making. Or even worse, a willingness to spunk £50M on an average player just because the Manager wants him, with no oversight or checks and balances on what is spent. or who is bought. What is Brands doing? surely he should be all over this.
How about as many many others have said, that this is a player that not only has Silva worked with before, knows, trusts and thinks will get better, but also Brands is in agreement with him too,

Brands fingerprints are on the lads from abroad we're trying to sign, which is what he's paid to do.

Ps - kindly go away.

One thing is for certain, Silva is building a physical and fast team with the links.

Mina - Richarlison - Doucouré are big brutes.

Digne seems slight, but tall.

Appreciate Mina doesn’t seem that fast.

25m is nothing for a lad that has huge potential. Sure lets see where he ends up and we can revisit. We are going to miss the boat again.
Who says he has potential though? He plays for the one team in a one team league which also happens to be poor quality. I have no qualms with us going for Digne instead

Who says he has potential though? He plays for the one team in a one team league which also happens to be poor quality. I have no qualms with us going for Digne instead

Second this. People saying he could turn out to be better than Robertson for the RS.

Unfortunately they had the luxury of seeing him play for hull in the PL first... I'd rather go for digne than Tierney purely based on the fee and the previous clubs alone....

If we can secure Mina and Digne we’re only a powerhouse CM away from having a pretty boss team.

Doucoure, Aholou, Bissouma, Ndombele, M’Vila, Zakaria, Gbamin, Bazoer, Barrios, N’Zonzi, Fornals, RLC, Freuler, Brozovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Diawara, Linetty, Fofana, Barak, Soumare.

Those sorts of profiles.

The Tierney deal has no bearing on the Richarlison one.

this is what annoys me, why are so many people saying they're annoyed we're not paying extra for tierney.

They're all getting ignored on pure paper specullation:

1) were we even in for tierney?
2) have we even given up on him?
3) did celtic even ask for that price all up front?
4) have we even paid £50m yet for richarlison?
5) why are they not maoning about the potential fees of mina and digne instead of the richarlison one in reference to not stumping up the cash?

... i could go on, but the most prominant question is, how can you moan that the guys who actually work in top jobs in football shouldn't be trusted when they're weighing up a move for a french international at barcelona (previously roma and PSG) v someone who plays in the scottish league?

it's madness, i'd rather digne myself.

Second this. People saying he could turn out to be better than Robertson for the RS.

Unfortunately they had the luxury of seeing him play for hull in the PL first... I'd rather go for digne than Tierney purely based on the fee and the previous clubs alone....

robertson had a few good months as well and as we know with everything RS it got blown way out of proportion. They have that alexander arnold down as one of the best right backs in the world now, next season i reckon he'll be getting torn a new one, the same may happen to robertson as well, he's nowhere near proven enough yet to be talked about like he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back