Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I like the profile of players we’re being linked with; good age, with power, athleticism and Rolls Royce engines. Things the current squad lack.

I’d ideally like a central strike with the same strengths and mobility but I appreciate Rome wasn’t built in a day.

i'm a bit worried we don't seem to be addressing the issue about buying players in their prime tbh. I mean if we bring inb mina all our centre backs are all young or old, there's no inbetween i.e. 26-29 year olds.

With the wingers it looks like bolasie will be gone and mirallas probably won't figure, so we'll have that problem again with all our wingers being young. If we buy that powerhouse in the middle, he has to be of a prime age for me. I mean it's great from a development and value for money POV to buy young, i mean it's working well for spurs ... but they don't win anything. Youngsters and old players are inconsistent by nature and thta's why you'll find it hard to win anything with them, i'd like to see us actually win soemthing.

Didnt look out of place in the CL against Barca, PSG and City

Pretty much what I thought when he was first linked to Barcelona, he played well against us and Messi in particular. I remember at the time thinking how well he positioned himself against Leo.

He is not a problem for many fans but understandable the player hopes to play more & would be open to a transfer if the club agrees on a price. There is cover behind Alba in Lenglet and Cucurella

i'm a bit worried we don't seem to be addressing the issue about buying players in their prime tbh. I mean if we bring inb mina all our centre backs are all young or old, there's no inbetween i.e. 26-29 year olds.

With the wingers it looks like bolasie will be gone and mirallas probably won't figure, so we'll have that problem again with all our wingers being young. If we buy that powerhouse in the middle, he has to be of a prime age for me. I mean it's great from a development and value for money POV to buy young, i mean it's working well for spurs ... but they don't win anything. Youngsters and old players are inconsistent by nature and thta's why you'll find it hard to win anything with them, i'd like to see us actually win soemthing.

Think we'll have to wait until those youngsters we buy are older and keep hold of them like Spurs - world class players in their prime aren't going to come to Everton ahead of other clubs whilst we are finishing in 8th.

...it’s a fair point, much depends on the character of these youngsters. I know Silva has referred to ‘character’ being an important factor in his players. I refer to it as playing ‘as though the game matters’. I suppose the team will include the likes of Coleman and Sigurdsson.

unfortunately we have keane at 25 supposedly coming into his prime, prime dog food though.
and we have walcott on the wing.
you seem to also be forgetting coleman, gana and sigurdsson all around 28/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back