Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we'll have to wait until those youngsters we buy are older and keep hold of them like Spurs - world class players in their prime aren't going to come to Everton ahead of other clubs whilst we are finishing in 8th.

oh yeah, i agree with that, i would prefer if we mixed that in with buying the odd player or two in their prime as well. We've got money to burn, i'm sure we could attract someone in that mould (obviously not world class, but fringe CL level). That's why a player like n'zonzi is perfect in more ways than one. I would like another centre back to go with mina who is in that prime age for a defender. Having walcott, tosun and siggurdsson means we're alright for attackers in their prime with youth on the other wing.

Just saying, we are unwilling to pay out for Tierney, which would constitute some value, but are falling over ourselves to sign Richarlison who doesn't.
How about as many many others have said, that this is a player that not only has Silva worked with before, knows, trusts and thinks will get better, but also Brands is in agreement with him too,

Brands fingerprints are on the lads from abroad we're trying to sign, which is what he's paid to do.

Ps - kindly go away.

I cant fathom how signing a brazilian 21 year old who the manager rates highly doesnt constitute value.

⚽️ confirmed: have asked in #Barcelona for Colombian defense Yerry Mina (23):• #Zenit• #Everton(BID, but must improve) • ( #Wolves like) • #Lyon• #Fenerbahçe(best economic offer) • ( #BorussiaDortmund like a lot) • #BocaJuniors(no option)

i'm a bit worried we don't seem to be addressing the issue about buying players in their prime tbh. I mean if we bring inb mina all our centre backs are all young or old, there's no inbetween i.e. 26-29 year olds.

With the wingers it looks like bolasie will be gone and mirallas probably won't figure, so we'll have that problem again with all our wingers being young. If we buy that powerhouse in the middle, he has to be of a prime age for me. I mean it's great from a development and value for money POV to buy young, i mean it's working well for spurs ... but they don't win anything. Youngsters and old players are inconsistent by nature and thta's why you'll find it hard to win anything with them, i'd like to see us actually win soemthing.

24 and 25 year olds are not youngsters. You haven’t fallen into the trap of believing that only players aged 27 or 28 can be in their prime have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back