Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's not true.

We bought Klaassen and Keane who were both 24 at the time. Pickford 23. Sandro 22. Vlasic 19, Lookman 19. Henry 20/21?

Gyfli was bought when he was 27, as were Martina (I know) and Schneiderlin. Gana, Tosun 26. Walcott 28.

Rooney was 31. Williams 32. Stek 32.

Off the top of my head that's about it.

So at the time of buying we've only actually bought four players in that age range. Gana and Tosun you can throw in as they turned 27 shortly after signing, but a fair few have been younger. They simply haven't been good enough.

Btw, I'm not saying we should by 28-29 yr olds. Targeting players 21-25 is fine with me. As long as they're actually good.

I’m quite happy for us to buy more younger players that we’ll have in their prime for more than 2 years at best was more my point.

Klaassen will move if he stops being greedy for that paper
Williams aint going anywhere
Neither is Niasse
Stek will probably move when Pickford comes back
Dowell will be in League Two
Whatever we are paying Besic, its not enough
Sandro will probably stay

I so want you to be wrong on the Ormskirk Ozil.

I think you may have answered your own question. I don’t think Brands and co want to take a risk by paying that much for someone out of the Scottish league, he’s totally unproven in any decent competition.

I for one think that is totally justified.

Playing devil's advocate here, but couldn't the same be said about Richarlson mate? He played 38 games, had a purple patch in his first 12 games, then for the majority of the rest of the prem games he was poor, after December 12th last season he didn't even have an assist to his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back