Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 and 25 year olds are not youngsters. You haven’t fallen into the trap of believing that only players aged 27 or 28 can be in their prime have you?

A player is in their prime, usually, between the ages of 27-31.

It depends on position and main attributes, obviously.

A central defender is likely to grow fully into their role by about 26-28, and be at their best around 29/30/31, as a rule of thumb.

If a player relies on pace, then injuries will play a big part and they're likely to be better at a younger age - i.e. 25-28, again as a general rule of thumb.

Look at when most strikers hit their peak, and it's usually around 27-29.

A player is in their prime, usually, between the ages of 27-31.

It depends on position and main attributes, obviously.

A central defender is likely to grow fully into their role by about 26/27, and be at their best around 29/30/31, as a rule of thumb.

If a player relies on pace, then injuries will play a big part and they're likely to be better at a younger age - i.e. 25-28, again as a general rule of thumb.

Look at when most strikers hit their peak, and it's usually around 27-29.

But we’ve already tried buying nothing but 27-29 year olds in the past two years, and look at the kip of us.

Alright, so can someone try to summarise the outgoings?

Is Klaasen defo out the door? Are we rid of Williams yet? Can someone confirm there will be no more Niasse? Are we seriously going to live with The Stek as our backup goalie? Will Dowell prove to everyone that he's just being put in the shop window or not? Are we still paying Besic? And Sad-ro, ffs. Sigh. Just close the window.

But we’ve already tried buying nothing but 27-29 year olds in the past two years, and look at the kip of us.

Well that's not true.

We bought Klaassen and Keane who were both 24 at the time. Pickford 23. Sandro 22. Vlasic 19, Lookman 19. Henry 20/21?

Gyfli was bought when he was 27, as were Martina (I know) and Schneiderlin. Gana, Tosun 26. Walcott 28.

Rooney was 31. Williams 32. Stek 32.

Off the top of my head that's about it.

So at the time of buying we've only actually bought four players in that age range. Gana and Tosun you can throw in as they turned 27 shortly after signing, but a fair few have been younger. They simply haven't been good enough.

Btw, I'm not saying we should by 28-29 yr olds. Targeting players 21-25 is fine with me. As long as they're actually good.

Is Klaasen defo out the door? Are we rid of Williams yet? Can someone confirm there will be no more Niasse? Are we seriously going to live with The Stek as our backup goalie? Will Dowell prove to everyone that he's just being put in the shop window or not? Are we still paying Besic? And Sad-ro, ffs. Sigh. Just close the window.

No

If we can secure Mina and Digne we’re only a powerhouse CM away from having a pretty boss team.

Doucoure, Aholou, Bissouma, Ndombele, M’Vila, Zakaria, Gbamin, Bazoer, Barrios, N’Zonzi, Fornals, RLC, Freuler, Brozovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Diawara, Linetty, Fofana, Barak, Soumare.

Those sorts of profiles.
Do we get a choice?

I'll have Ndombele please.

Klassen is on the plane.

Williams wants to stay and fight for his place

Niasse is staying. Marco loves that man.

No need for any back up keeper, Pickford is half god, so cant get injured.

Dowell loan seems likley

Besic looks like he may get his chance

They should, it seems to have taken its toll on you.

Klaassen will move if he stops being greedy for that paper
Williams aint going anywhere
Neither is Niasse
Stek will probably move when Pickford comes back
Dowell will be in League Two
Whatever we are paying Besic, its not enough
Sandro will probably stay

Niasse Stek Dowell and Besic will probably be vital parts of the squad this season. I don’t see a reason for any of them to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back