Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want max meyer on a free transfer

i heard he sucks these days though, and has high wage demands. rumors are he's off to turkey. but i wonder if his potential is salvageable

Last edited:
Silva has deployed a back three in the past.

With the way our attack and midfield is shaping up we wont use an orthodox winger but will look to the full backs to provide width, crosses and alternatives on the overlap. A functioning three man defense would would give Coleman and – fingers crossed – Digne/Tierney license to bomb down the flanks.

Problem is we'd need at least two new CB:s to make this work. Maybe Silva's six man wishlist has two defenders on it, who knows ...

I think we need two new centre backs whether we play in a 433 or with a back 3.

Im not sure he sucks.

He certainly has high wage demands, be surprised if a Turkish side could match them.
any idea what happened to him? did his form just drop?

reading reports that schalke's pres says he's asking too much money, but then other people were saying that that's what he did with ozil too

any idea what happened to him? did his form just drop?

he played well last season of what I saw - in a more defensive midfield role.

He's played a lot of football for a 22 year old - close on 200 first team appearances already. And sure, he's probably not matched the early hype that surrounded him when he broke through to Schalke's team as a 17 year old. But he's still clearly talented, and just needs to get himself sorted and back on track.

Maybe he's been badly advised too, in fact I am sure of it, and maybe let the hype go to his head a bit. So it caused alot of problems. For sure he's making a mistake I think not staying with Schalke for one thing too, now they are in a very good way. But also pricing himself out signing now with wage demands. But I am sure those demands may drop soon!

I think we need two new centre backs whether we play in a 433 or with a back 3.

I absolutely agree. I have a feeling Silva doesn't rate Holgate which means there's not a lot to build on.

But it would seem daft for Silva to start talking in public about revamping defensive tactics before having recruited the personnell to pull it off.

I absolutely agree. I have a feeling Silva doesn't rate Holgate which means there's not a lot to build on.

But it would seem daft for Silva to start talking in public about revamping defensive tactics before having recruited the personnell to pull it off.
Hope Silva knows about defence....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back