Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the top of my head...

Stekelenburg
Cuco
Williams
Galloway
Browning
Keane
Jagielka
Baines
Schneiderlin
Gana
Klaassen
Besic
McCarthy
Mirallas
Bolasie
Sandro

Thats 16 players gone now or in the next 12 months...who have i forgotten lol

Dont disagree with any of them to be honest, Niasse too

I guess you haven't read my comments in the bit that was quoted above

I don't want them but I think they will stay

Kenny is not going to break into the first team as long as coleman is there / fit

it would be more beneficial for martina to be the backup who will barely play and for Kenny to get some good first team experience at a championship side

remember coleman was on loan at blackpool before he became a first team regular
OK soz mate. Thought it was your wishes not what you think will happen. Given what both Brands/Silva have said about encouraging youth here's hoping you are wide of the mark.

We do have polar views on young player loans though. For me, loans to lower divisions should only be used as a means to give kids time playing in mens football. Toughen them up a bit and get them regular playing time. Once they've reached the level of DCL, Kenny, Dowell etc, they need to be challenged to improve further and won't get that in the championship. They will also learn more playing with and against top players and getting the benefit of Silva's coaching.. Keep sending them on loan to lower division then that becomes their standard. Look at the likes of Garbutt, Galloway, Browning and Pennington. None have improved but all have looked decent for the first team at a younger age.

If the management team feel that any of those youngsters in and around the first team at the moment need further loan spells, I hope that they send them to another premier team or to a top division club in Germany or France. There's a reason that those two countries have a far better record at developing young players. It's because they trust them to play in the first team.

Here's a bit of useless football stats for you. In the last world cup, of all the players on show, the English league was by the most represented. think it was something like 120, with Germany second around the 80 mark. But if you look at where those players were developed France were way out in front with Germany second. England were about 5/6th.

Yeah and Besic took his chance, but people are still saying hes injury prone despite his last injury being 2 years ago.

Dowell hasnt done enough to warrant a spot for me, neither has Sandro for that matter and defo not Klaassen either.

I personally think Besic has been one of the best players in preseason and did well on loan so warrants a chance. I'm not sure if him and Dowell should start, but I would like them in the squad to see if they can push on. I agree, Sandro and Klassen time for them to move.

I personally think Besic has been one of the best players in preseason and did well on loan so warrants a chance. I'm not sure if him and Dowell should start, but I would like them in the squad to see if they can push on. I agree, Sandro and Klassen time for them to move.

For the way Silva has said he wants to play (with a holding mid who will dictate) I don’t see a better player than Besic in the squad for this role. Schneiderlin doesn’t have the mobility, Gueye doesn’t have the passing range.

Who do we think is off in the next few days?

Klaassen to Bremen
Schneideelin to West Ham
Bolasie to someone

Thata about it isnt it?

..I think the Klaassen one looks most likely. There doesn’t seem much momentum in the others but I always thought outgoings would happen nearer the end of the window, and remember the option to buy remains open for European clubs for quite a while yet.

Just reading a link with Sandro to Spain but that looks tenuous at this point. I think Bolasie will be in demand. Be interesting if any of the youngsters are shifted now that he’s had a look at them. No sign of contract offer for Dowell which might be telling.

Yeah and Besic took his chance, but people are still saying hes injury prone despite his last injury being 2 years ago.

Dowell hasnt done enough to warrant a spot for me, neither has Sandro for that matter and defo not Klaassen either.

He was recovering from the injury for one of those two years though! He has played five months football in that time, I can understand why people might question his ability to stay fit long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back