Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who finds it bizarre that we played a right back at left back for half of last season rather than recalling Robinson or playing Garbutt. There has to be more to that story....
No mate. A lot thought the same. Basically we were Koemaned, and then Allardyced. Koeman sent all our young left backs out on loan, knowing full well that RFM was effectivey out for the season, then didn't pick Garbutt as part of the 25 man squad whilst including, IIRC, nomark players like Byrne and Hennan. Connolly didn't go on loan unitl deadline day and by hat time we MUST have known that we weren't bringing in another left back. Then Allardyce could have used Garbutt from Jan 1st but didn't, and could have recalled Robinson but elected to extend his loan until the end of the season.

Beggars belief doesn't it.

Here's a bit of useless football stats for you. In the last world cup, of all the players on show, the English league was by the most represented. think it was something like 120, with Germany second around the 80 mark. But if you look at where those players were developed France were way out in front with Germany second. England were about 5/6th.
What parameter(s) defined this 'category'?

I think Niasse is staying + not surprised if McCarthy and Besic stay also...

They all have the right mentality.
McCarthy will stay because he’s not fit. Besic will go imo, with the European window open till end of August, plenty of time to move him on.
Niasse will stay for another year, him and McCarthy will need to be out the door next summer though

No good have the right mentality if you haven’t got talent.

It seems the Everton way that we get fixated upon one or two players and then just ignore the rest of the market. As long as we get those players thats great but when we miss out we set ourselves up for the messy frantic final few days of transfer window supermarket scramble.
Hopefully if we're not getting any further with these 2 by the weekend we'll move on. Still 2 weeks left, but not bringing in a striker and a left sided defender last summer was criminal and that sort of thing can't be allowed to happen again.

..I think the Klaassen one looks most likely. There doesn’t seem much momentum in the others but I always thought outgoings would happen nearer the end of the window, and remember the option to buy remains open for European clubs for quite a while yet.

Just reading a link with Sandro to Spain but that looks tenuous at this point. I think Bolasie will be in demand. Be interesting if any of the youngsters are shifted now that he’s had a look at them. No sign of contract offer for Dowell which might be telling.

I think even if we didnt want dowell we would offer him a contract like we hwve with pennington so we could get dollor for him.
Hope he gets a shot this season, even if its just as back up for gylfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back