Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ, do people realise it was a friendly?

We're learning a completely different style to the way we've been playing. Silva has had the squad for less then 3 weeks. 3 weeks to learn a new style and get the fitness levels up. It's not a easy task, especially as our best players are either injured or still coming back from the world cup.

Friendlys don't mean Jack. We used to loose the all the time under moyes. Blackburn today looked like what they are. A team that starts their season next week, they were sharper and fitter. Football is all about the little percentages when it's played at the top level and it only takes a few percent to cause defeat.

I'm looking more towards the positives, like sandro has looked bright, Dowell is being played in the middle, Coleman looks like he'll excel in this system, richarlison looked bright today and we're selling bolasie and klassen.

As for playing the dead wood, Silva should be playing them because it puts them in the shop window. You telling me teams won't be looking at miralles and thinking he's not worth 5m?

We need to he positive and get behind the team ffs. It's a new manager, a new dof, a new board and it's going to take a while to sort out the mess that has been left behind from the last lot. This is a project and we have to be in it for the long haul. If we do this right I reckon it'll take 3 years to sort this mess out because if we don't get behind the team and jump on their backs first chance we get, this will be a very long season.

I want to see progression at everton and as long as I'm seeing that I'm happy.

They can train but they wouldn't be getting anywhere near the matchday squad. Playing them in pre season is a total waste and Silva/Brands are setting themselves up for a fall keeping the same dross around.

They'll see another manager off mark my words.

Who in god's name would sign them if they hadn't played a minute? Swear to god some people do not have a logical thought in their heads

It doesn't matter who we play in defence until we sort out what is happening in front of them.
I didn't see the first half because there was no picture but it sounded poor from what I gave read on here. However the team in the first half was a mixture of reserves and young players.
The second half for me highlighted just how poor our midfield is. No pace, drive ad absolutely no creativity.
Gueye always works hard and breaks up play but not much else.
Dowell always has a few nice touches but looks like a boy just happy to be playing in a man's game.
I don't know what to say about Schneiderlin apart from he should not be on the pitch imo. He is not aggressive in defence, he doesn't carry the ball into midfield I just don't see what he brings to the team.
Baines is now solid but no longer buccanerring but Coleman does look ready to take on the world.

My opinion is that we absolutely need a dominant midfielder.
We need a strong and pacy central defender.
The team would certainly benefit from younger legs at left back.

Who in god's name would sign them if they hadn't played a minute? Swear to god some people do not have a logical thought in their heads

Well we signed Siggurdsson for £45 million who barely played a minute of pre season.

This "too cool to worry" posture is funny as you among other posters slagged off the likes of me and others and have been proven wrong with your "nothing to worry about bed wetter" patronising posts - we have 2 weeks to go with no good striker, no midfield creativity or strength, a God awful defence and Lookman wanting out and who knows about Walcott.

If we dont sort ourselves out it'll be a poor season and another manager axed it really is that simple.

Well we signed Siggurdsson for £45 million who barely played a minute of pre season.

This "too cool to worry" posture is funny as you among other posters slagged off the likes of me and others and have been proven wrong with your "nothing to worry about bed wetter" patronising posts - we have 2 weeks to go with no good striker, no midfield creativity or strength, a God awful defence and Lookman wanting out and who knows about Walcott.

If we dont sort ourselves out it'll be a poor season and another manager axed it really is that simple.

We didn't sign Siggi based on his preseason... we based it on what he produced during the season. The players playing in the preseason basically didn't play for us last season so that's why they are playing now.
The fact you think Cenk is no good tells me all I need to know, cheers.

How have I been proven wrong exactly? It's obvious to a trained chimp where we've needed cover for longer than this season, its not a secret that you cryarses have been smug about keeping. The thing is the more logical thinkers know that its pointless freezing out half a squad from game time in preseason if you are trying to sell them. Some of those clearly have not fight anymore, as proven with the imminent departure by Klassen. Lookman clearly doesn't have the fight either if reports are true that he wants to go and I'm not sure what you are trying to hint at with Walcott as the club themselves have said he's injured

We didn't sign Siggi based on his preseason... we based it on what he produced during the season. The players playing in the preseason basically didn't play for us last season so that's why they are playing now.
The fact you think Cenk is no good tells me all I need to know, cheers.

The only people who rate Tosun are his fan boys from Turkey. Hes your average 1 in 3 Mitrolgu type centre forward. Not good enough for what we need, I'll swap him for Arnatouvic for example anyday of the week and I wouldn't want him either.

How have I been proven wrong exactly? It's obvious to a trained chimp where we've needed cover for longer than this season, its not a secret that you cryarses have been smug about keeping. The thing is the more logical thinkers know that its pointless freezing out half a squad from game time in preseason if you are trying to sell them. Some of those clearly have not fight anymore, as proven with the imminent departure by Klassen. Lookman clearly doesn't have the fight either if reports are true that he wants to go and I'm not sure what you are trying to hint at with Walcott as the club themselves have said he's injured

"Trained chimp"

"Cry arses"

"More logical thinkers"

You seem a very patronising bloke who thinks he knows better than most. Enjoy your evening chief lol

Richarlison (most fouled player in the league last season).... Sigurdsson whips in free kick.... back post Mina!

The Marco/Marcel masterplan!

Martinez will say on MOTD that all these set piece goals we score dont really count!
I would love for him to be on a game where we win 2-0 with 35% possession and 2 set piece goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back