Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

The question is, what would that cost us? If Mina and Digne cost us 55M, Ricarlison 40M, a guy like Zaharia is surely 30M at least (Doucoure would be more), Hinteregger or a cheaper CB that can play a ball would be cheaper, but that’s still 130-140M in a single window.

That’s doable with outgoings, so far we’ve got Mori and Klaassen for likely 20-25M combined. One of Bolasie / Sandro should go (10-15M), Williams / Mirallas / Pennington won’t fetch us more than 5-10M, but that’s about a net spend of 100M.

That's assuming that no one else leaves, bring in two starting CBS then chances are your selling Keane, you bring in another forward then Lookman is sold more than likely, same for cm, Schneiderlin and Gueye could be sold if we buy starters in that area.

Keane with his season before reputation, nationality etc, would easily fetch 15+ still, Schneiderlin 15-20, and Gueye 20-30, Niasse also 10+, DCL 15+

In the current market those figures are realistic too

Loving how after every defeat Marco adds another player to the "to sign" list, we're up to 6 AFTER Richarlison now.

Digne and Mina, according to some Spanish guy with tons of followers on Twitter, says we're 80% likely to get this double deal done. That's encouraging, really hope we pull it off.

That still leaves us with 4 more to buy, which won't be happening. Reckon even with Mina and Digne in he's looking for another CB, 2x CM, and striker.

Ok, but as of the moment, we still have Lookman and don’t have CBs or a LB that can execute the fundamentals of our manager’s tactics. Think that has to be the immediate focus.
I thought it was his immediate focus. Have I missed something whilst I've been asleep apart from teen bashing.

Sandro has looked great so far and we have no idea how Bolasie looks as it all hinges on how his knee is. Regardless. What are you going to do with all these players that supposedly stink?

Sandro has looked great so far?

What the hell have you been watching :D

The guy is weak, awful in possession and can't finish.

Where exactly has he been playing this great football?

The fellas hopeless!

If Lookman stayed, then out wide I'd only want him, Richarlison and Walcott starting.

Walcott gets injured and were under pressure...need to bring in 1 more player who can play all across the front and then rotate them.
Sandro, Vlasic, Dowell, Bolaise and DCL can all play out wide though?

The fellas hopeless!
You clearly haven't watched the games as he's been easily the 2nd best player in pre season behind Besic. People just like to jump on the band wagon as oppose to judging a player by watching them play.

Don't see your point. International football shouldn't be a bench mark for success in the Premier League. Ashley Williams plays for his country. And they both are signed to Barca. Barely got a game between them hence the reason Barca might sell to us. Love your logic though. They're at a big club and play international football so must be good.

What even is this

Most people say the same about mirallas. Weird the perception on here when nobody who’s worked with him has ever said anything like that. I know for a fact he’s a popular lad in the dressing room, and always has been. He made a stupid decision last season, but he apologised and has moved in. Martinez managed him for 3 years and said leaving him out of the Belgian World Cup squad was his hardest decision as a manager. Is that something you’d expect someone to say about a bad egg? Moyes was linked with signing him again last year aswell, he’s onvioudly nowhere near the person done people try to claim.

It's all overblown.

I know Holgate is really close with Williams. The guys aren't evil. They're just (relatively) young men doing a job. They're not spreading hate or anything, and like you say, people seem to think they're all trouble causers.

The 'toxic' stuff for me is on the pitch. Williams' performances are dire. The effort just isn't there. Same with Kev a lot of the time and Schneiderlin for a lot of the time last season.

Bolasie was/is crap, like, but I don't think he's ever not applied himself. His injury clearly derailed him and mentally (and probably physically) he's never made it back. And we can't afford to be carrying players like that either.

Besic was awful last night, lads.

I mean, they were all bad, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

None of those that started yesterday (and for now I'm including Gylfi, unless he's fully fit by then) should start against Wolves on the 11th.

The problem is Silva is playing the buggars! they should be cut adrift and banished from FF. I would have basically told them find a new club or you wont be in the matchday squad all season.

We seem to be either holding out for decent fee's (hard when said players are gash) or have been assessing them in pre season (which is astonishing when anyone with eyes knew how gash these players are).

At some point you can no longer blame Koeman and Walsh.

Didn't Koeman do just that and we ended up with a 38-man squad?

Don't see your point. International football shouldn't be a bench mark for success in the Premier League. Ashley Williams plays for his country. And they both are signed to Barca. Barely got a game between them hence the reason Barca might sell to us. Love your logic though. They're at a big club and play international football so must be good.
Well in the case of Digne, he's played for 3 of the biggest clubs in Europe (PSG, Roma, Barca).

Do you think they were all wrong?

Sandro has looked great so far and we have no idea how Bolasie looks as it all hinges on how his knee is. Regardless. What are you going to do with all these players that supposedly stink?

You sell them mate, Klassen is being moved on, same with Mori, both looked terrible, both still able to be shifted.

Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Williams, Besic etc all have that fabled prem league experience and there's numerous clubs as stupid as we are buying players around

The fellas hopeless!

The effort has been there and he's shown a willingness to make the most of it.

The quality has been there as well at times - consistently good set-pieces, some great crosses, some neat touches. He clearly lacks confidence in front of goal at the moment but he's working.

It's more than can be said for a lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back