Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a pretty substantial loss, eh. Just cannot see anyone looking at our players and thinking 'ooh, I'll take him'. They wouldn't get into a pub team on last seasons performances.
Hard to know how much of a loss it is, without knowing how the deals are structured. Almost certainly *some* loss involved yeah, but how much could vary massively.

At a pretty substantial loss, eh. Just cannot see anyone looking at our players and thinking 'ooh, I'll take him'. They wouldn't get into a pub team on last seasons performances.

I actually thought Klaasen would be the hardest to shift - I'm confident that Bolasie has value to someone and Schneiderlin if we want to let him go.

Sandro might be the hardest, i'd be tempted to keep him for a season.

McCarthy, Besic .. they don't contribute much.

With a lot of these it comes down to replacements though, and so it should.

Southampton have had to loan Jordie Classie out for 2 years straight because they cannot get a taker,
Same with spurs and Vincent Janssen

There is a huge list of players who have come to the league for big fee's on huge wages that are not good enough and teams cannot shift. Teams are waiting until after our window closes to get these players in as they reckon they can get them on a low price loan deal.
If we get anything over 10m for Klaassen plus his 6m wages off the books then we have done a great job
Problem for me is the volume of mistakes we've made. It's not one or two, it's the bulk of the signing. Thank goodness Rooney is gone, but to be honest, he wasn't a tough sell from a marketing perspective.

The issue with our CBs is that Holgate aside none of them have the poise on the ball to find the midfielders with quick passes, so every single time they just end up taking the easy ball out to the full back or long. They’re just not good enough end of.

Our central defence / midfield just seemed to go missing at times against Blackburn - properly rubbish it was - and reminded me that I still don't trust Schneiderlin to shield the back 4.

The issue with our CBs is that Holgate aside none of them have the poise on the ball to find the midfielders with quick passes, so every single time they just end up taking the easy ball out to the full back or long. They’re just not good enough end of.

Has Holgate actually played in the last couple of games - maybe I just missed him.

I actually thought Klaasen would be the hardest to shift - I'm confident that Bolasie has value to someone and Schneiderlin if we want to let him go.

Sandro might be the hardest, i'd be tempted to keep him for a season.

McCarthy, Besic .. they don't contribute much.

With a lot of these it comes down to replacements though, and so it should.
Sandro will go pretty easily I think. Back to Spain for roughly what we paid for him but he'll have to take a pay cut. He was cheap as they come so I'm not too bothered about him.

Essentially we need an entirely new defence and the bulk of a midfield.

Southampton have had to loan Jordie Classie out for 2 years straight because they cannot get a taker,
Same with spurs and Vincent Janssen

There is a huge list of players who have come to the league for big fee's on huge wages that are not good enough and teams cannot shift. Teams are waiting until after our window closes to get these players in as they reckon they can get them on a low price loan deal.
If we get anything over 10m for Klaassen plus his 6m wages off the books then we have done a great job
We really won't have. Loaning him out for 2 seasons then selling for 10m would be the better way to do it. Can we really afford to just wipe 10m off our books.
It's why others are doing 2 year loans as well.

Really? Cos he seems utterly unable to finish, but his delivery has been mostly excellent over the last few games.

He isn't a winger mate, can cross a ball sure thing because he's technically a decent footballer, but he's not made for England at all. I'm not saying he would bag for fun in striker, just think he would score more in the central role that he's more used to.

As I say tho, effort has been there so personally wont be booing/swearing me tits off like some at last nights match.

United circling over Yerry Mina, think we might need a couple of alternatives.
Don't think so. I think what's going on is Mina isn't sold on use just a year after moving to Barca and his people are trying desperately to draw interest from someone else. I just don't think it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back