Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just agree to their buy back for Mina if he's the player we want. Do a deal where they can sign him back for same fee in 2 years if they want for all I care. If it's a glorified 2 year loan I'm OK with that. One year loan even. Just get him in. Worst scenario we get a couple of years and our money back.

Need more than one cb TT though so even if we do get him on a 1 or 2 year loan or buy back sell back glue back hump back deal we deffo need another quality cb. I'd like 2 centre halves with Holgate and then back up to be Feeney and Gibson, so these 2 know they have a sniff of the first team squad.

Jagielka, Williams and Keane simply aren't good enough for Everton Football Club whether that be age or ability doesn't matter.

Need more than one cb TT though so even if we do get him on a 1 or 2 year loan or buy back sell back glue back hump back deal we deffo need another quality cb. I'd like 2 centre halves with Holgate and then back up to be Feeney and Gibson, so these 2 know they have a sniff of the first team squad.

Jagielka, Williams and Keane simply aren't good enough for Everton Football Club whether that be age or ability doesn't matter.

We don't have time to faff about. We get the deals done and if it's only short term fixes then that's how it is. We're not in a position to be picky.

Not sure what Feeney or Gibson have done to be back ups tho?

We don't have time to faff about. We get the deals done and if it's only short term fixes then that's how it is. We're not in a position to be picky.

Not sure what Feeney or Gibson have done to be back ups tho?

Im not disagreeing with you TT about faffing about. I want 2 centre backs in, more than happy to sort whatever deal is required if Mina is who he wants.

Regarding Feeney and Gibson - I'd say they have the most potential to at the very least be given thr chance of 4th/5th choice centre back. Lets be honest, that's what Jags and Williams should be but should 4th/5th choice centre halves be picking up 60/70k a week? Nope, so lets bleed in tje youngsters as 4th/5th choice and if they aren't up to it then we go and find more youngsters who are.

Realistically we may buy one cb and loan one.... given that United have a plethora of center halves and are after more, can see us loaning one of their extras (sounds nicer than cast offs)

Jones, Smalling, Rojo or Lindelof lads - take your pick
Not red card Rojo thanks

What’s really tough is that our current lot of players isn’t even particularly young. Even if they were bad we could sell ourselves on the future.

These are grown men getting beat by junior varsity teams.

Where’s all those posters who were calling anyone who suggested we were undermanned and leaving recruitment too late, ‘bedwetters’ etc?

Hiding under a big rock.
Give over mate, even with this squad now we'd still finish between 8th and 10th. We'll get 2 to 4 more signings and things will look better. I'd go as far as saying a LB and CB and we'd look a completely different team. You have to bare in mind also that the team have been doing full training sessions before these matches and in turn look sluggish and slow.

Our squad is an absolute shambles. Easy to blame Koeman and Walsh but it goes back further than that. How can a 36 year old Jagielka still be 1st choice. And we still haven’t bought a left back since Oviedo left.

We also haven't properly replaced Lukaku.... Sure we got Tosun in January, but effectively he was replacing Kone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back