Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing it’s just Barca playing silly buggers now rather than him. Or he’d have actually gone somewhere else by now.
You could be right , its getting to the point a deadline is put in .Cant wait for ever and Centre back needs addressing like yesterday.
Put up or shut up time.

And another CB Mr Brands plrase.

No, I think Smalling is better than Keane, you don't think that should be a barometer to use for us to sign someone surely.

I hope we sign defenders that are better than both, it's not impossible.

Or maybe it is, we'll know in under a fortnight's time I suppose.

Think Smalling would be a massive upgrade. The sort of signing like Barry was - people don’t see that he’s much better than most of our players until he’s in our team.

Basically though, i’m Worried that we absolutely need a quality CB. Not one that potentially is, or might be, or probably will be.. someone simply has to come in and be really decent.

Think Smalling would be a massive upgrade. The sort of signing like Barry was - people don’t see that he’s much better than most of our players until he’s in our team.

Basically though, i’m Worried that we absolutely need a quality CB. Not one that potentially is, or might be, or probably will be.. someone simply has to come in and be really decent.
He'd most certainly walk into our team just think we might get someone better. I've just seen him make too many mistakes over the years and he'll most likely than not be made to defend more than he has at United.

Just sign some centre halves Everton, FFS.

Realistically we may buy one cb and loan one.... given that United have a plethora of center halves and are after more, can see us loaning one of their extras (sounds nicer than cast offs)

Jones, Smalling, Rojo or Lindelof lads - take your pick

Pace, power, physicality all of the things Rennes had and we lack in midfield and defensive areas. We need these kinds of players desperately.

Pace, power, physicality all of the things Rennes had and we lack in midfield and defensive areas. We need these kinds of players desperately.
Ok, that's a little silly. Rennes scored on a couple of counters, we had the ball more of the match.

But yes, we need better athletes in the back that can mark someone in space as well as pass a ball a bit.

Id take Smalling Gibson or Lindelöf
WILLIAMS AND JAGS NEED TO GET OUT OF OUR XI

the fact that he's still our captain tells awful lot. Not panicking though.

New blood into opening XI and new groove

Boys know what we need

Just agree to their buy back for Mina if he's the player we want. Do a deal where they can sign him back for same fee in 2 years if they want for all I care. If it's a glorified 2 year loan I'm OK with that. One year loan even. Just get him in. Worst scenario we get a couple of years and our money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back