Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think if we got him aswell it would be a back 3
Tierney, Mina (if signing him) and Keane/Holgate (holgate looks very comfortable in a back 3)
Be a very good window if we got both digne and Tierney but who know what we're doing
Don't know why people, yourself included, keep saying Tierney would play at CB when he's an attacking full back and good at it. It's pointless, let's go out and sign a very good attacking full back and play him at CB where his talents are wasted. Thats about as Everton as it gets lol more chance of Digne being the one that played CB like Azpilecueta but that's not happening. We'll sign Digne or Tierney not both and by the sounds of it, Digne is a done deal

Don't know why people, yourself included, keep saying Tierney would play at CB when he's an attacking full back and good at it. It's pointless, let's go out and sign a very good attacking full back and play him at CB where his talents are wasted. Thats about as Everton as it gets lol more chance of Digne being the one that played CB like Azpilecueta but that's not happening. We'll sign Digne or Tierney not both and by the sounds of it, Digne is a done deal

You've provided all the evidence why it will happen to be honest.

So that's the 1st time I've said about Tierney as a CB, he's played CB for Celtic afew times so I'd guess that's why people keep making the same claims, it's a forum, this is a place fans go to discuss various things and possible signings/positions are one of them.
Digne or Tierney I'll be very happy with, both will improve us a lot.

So that's the 1st time I've said about Tierney as a CB, he's played CB for Celtic afew times so I'd guess that's why people keep making the same claims, it's a forum, this is a place fans go to discuss various things and possible signings/positions are one of them.

I dont see us playing 5 at the back, often and I dont see us buying an attacking fullback to play at CB, no matter how many times he may or may not have done it in the past, IMO, it would be a terrible idea and I cant see it happening.

The Tierney story is just 1 random sunday paper journo at this point, personally I doubt there is anything in it.

I dont see us playing 5 at the back, often and I dont see us buying an attacking fullback to play at CB, no matter how many times he may or may not have done it in the past, IMO, it would be a terrible idea and I cant see it happening.

The Tierney story is just 1 random sunday paper journo at this point, personally I doubt there is anything in it.
I mean it's just common sense. Then again we are Everton like.

Think if we got him aswell it would be a back 3
Tierney, Mina (if signing him) and Keane/Holgate (holgate looks very comfortable in a back 3)
Be a very good window if we got both digne and Tierney but who know what we're doing

That was my thinking. Tierney left sided centre back, holgate right sided with Mina (ideally) or Keane (not ideal) I’m the centre. Both holgate and tierney comfortable if they get dragged out and have pace to cover the channels. Coleman and Digne wingbacks to make us more solid.

Not sure how we’d set up further forward though.

Edit/ Kyle Walker is an attacking full back and he plays as a right sided centre back for England

Come on now, both would be just completely ridiculous, let's not completely lose our marbles here, guys.

That was my thinking. Tierney left sided centre back, holgate right sided with Mina (ideally) or Keane (not ideal) I’m the centre. Both holgate and tierney comfortable if they get dragged out and have pace to cover the channels. Coleman and Digne wingbacks to make us more solid.

Not sure how we’d set up further forward though.

I cant think of many formations with 5 at the back that utilises a Left Winger such as Richarlson, it simply doesnt make sense to sign a Left Winger in order to play 2 attacking fullbacks, flanked by 2 attacking fullbacks.

Chelsea and Utd both have a shed load of centre backs that would be a massive improvement on what we have.

I’d take pretty much any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back