Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea and Utd both have a shed load of centre backs that would be a massive improvement on what we have.

I’d take pretty much any of them.
Could see us making a loan offer for any of a number of them.

While we are at it make a cheeky offer for Stones. He is likely 4th on City’s depth chart. Bring a Blue home.

Tis a forum as you pointed out mate. Posts will be challenged and discussed. Tierney ain't a CB.

Edit: saying that, he'd prob still be our best CB by a country mile as it stands!

More than happy for people to challenge/ discuss but saying he's not a CB so we won't sign him based on that is just ridiculous,
Azpilicueta was a RB who then went to LB now to a CB, he's pretty small aswell so should he be playing as a CB? didn't France just win the World Cup using CBs as fullbacks?
personally I think it could work depending on who's next to him

I don't think we're signing him mate. Could be us leaking that story to help push the Digne and Mina deals over the line i.e. settle on what we're offering for both players and tell Mina to pull his finger out or we're signing neither and getting Tierney instead. Or Tierneys agent or Celtic are using us to similar effect. You don't spend 25m plus add ons on a backup player as I'd imagine Digne would take the starting spot due to age and experience and although he can play there Tierney isn't a CB or CM. Surely we'd just buy a CM or CB who plays those positions normally. Calling BS on it based on the above as much as I'd love both players.
Think if we got him aswell it would be a back 3
Tierney, Mina (if signing him) and Keane/Holgate (holgate looks very comfortable in a back 3)
Be a very good window if we got both digne and Tierney but who know what we're doing
Tis a forum as you pointed out mate. Posts will be challenged and discussed. Tierney ain't a CB.

Edit: saying that, he'd prob still be our best CB by a country mile as it stands!
That was my thinking. Tierney left sided centre back, holgate right sided with Mina (ideally) or Keane (not ideal) I’m the centre. Both holgate and tierney comfortable if they get dragged out and have pace to cover the channels. Coleman and Digne wingbacks to make us more solid.

Not sure how we’d set up further forward though.

Edit/ Kyle Walker is an attacking full back and he plays as a right sided centre back for England

I think if both Digne and Tierney can play LB and CB and have good pace then...who knows?

Fact is that all we can do is guess at the moment.

I read somewhere a while back that Tierney could play in DM. No clue.

But we lack pace at the back, thats for sure.

Coleman RB
Holgate RCB
Mina LCB
Digne LB
Tierney DM
Zakaria DM

?

IF (and it’s a massive if) there’s actually anything to the Tierney story - I don’t understand why people are suggesting it’d be HIM playing at CB?

Digne has actually played (albeit rarely) at CB and is far the more defensively solid of the two, while not providing a whole lot going forwards

Tierney can play centre back as well, so it might not be too far fetched

Think of a few teams who are playing a hybrid fullback as one of three cbs to provide more mobility and the ability to pass it out better from the back.

A back three containing say mina in the centre, Tierney on the left and Holgate right, with Coleman and the French lad left would be interesting

...i suspect the manner of yesterday’s drubbing by Rennes has started alarm bells ringing in more places than GOT. With 11 days of the window left, here’s the Toffee transfer rumour round-up for this Sunday morning;

- According to Corriere dello Sport, Everton have lodged a bid for Club Brugge striker, Wesley Moraes. The 6ft 3in Brazilian scored 13 goals with 2 assists last season. Lazio are said to have previously struck a £12m deal for the 21 year old.

- The Daily Mail report a deal for Barcelona Left Back, Lucas Digne, could be done on Monday but also says Everton have a Plan B in place for an unamed player if it falls through. Mundo Deportivo report Everton will pay £17.7m for the 25 year old French international.

- The Express suggest Everton are close to winning the race for Celtic’s £30m rated defender, Kieran Tierney.

- 4th Official pick up on reports linking Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford with a move to Chelsea.

- MadAboutEPL website say Everton are interested in Sampdoria midfielder, Dennis Praet. The player scored 1 goal with 3 assists last season and has a £22m release clause in his contract.

- Tuttojuve mention Everton and Leicester interest in Juventus’ 23 year old Croatian winger, Marko Pjaca.

- The Gazette report Middlesborough have ‘moved on’ from Everton midfielder, Mo Besic, after signing Paddy McNair from Sunderland.

- Italian outlet TuttoSport say Inter Milan hope Everton or Real Betis are ‘creditable buyers’ for midfielder Joao Mario.

- The Mail say Everton are willing to send Antonee Robinson on another loan and have given Bolton permission to talk to the Left Back. The Toffees need to consider giving the 20 year old a new contract as his current deal runs out next summer.

...i suspect the manner of yesterday’s drubbing by Rennes has started alarm bells ringing in more places than GOT. With 11 days of the window left, here’s the Toffee transfer rumour round-up for this Sunday morning;

- According to Corriere dello Sport, Everton have lodged a bid for Club Brugge striker, Wesley Moraes. The 6ft 3in Brazilian scored 13 goals with 2 assists last season. Lazio are said to have previously struck a £12m deal for the 21 year old.

- The Daily Mail report a deal for Barcelona Left Back, Lucas Digne, could be done on Monday but also says Everton have a Plan B in place for an unamed player if it falls through. Mundo Deportivo report Everton will pay £17.7m for the 25 year old French international.

- The Express suggest Everton are close to winning the race for Celtic’s £30m rated defender, Kieran Tierney.

- 4th Official pick up on reports linking Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford with a move to Chelsea.

- MadAboutEPL website say Everton are interested in Sampdoria midfielder, Dennis Praet. The player scored 1 goal with 3 assists last season and has a £22m release clause in his contract.

- Tuttojuve mention Everton and Leicester interest in Juventus’ 23 year old Croatian winger, Marko Pjaca.

- The Gazette report Middlesborough have ‘moved on’ from Everton midfielder, Mo Besic, after signing Paddy McNair from Sunderland.

- Italian outlet TuttoSport say Inter Milan hope Everton or Real Betis are ‘creditable buyers’ for midfielder Joao Mario.

- The Mail say Everton are willing to send Antonee Robinson on another loan and have given Bolton permission to talk to the Left Back. The Toffees need to consider giving the 20 year old a new contract as his current deal runs out next summer.

Tierney and backup plan to digne seem to dovetail nicely from two separate sources.

Tierney and backup plan to digne seem to dovetail nicely from two separate sources.

..interesting that the Tierney links have resurfaced despite reports of a done deal with Digne. I suppose it will unravel in the next few days, for some reason I think Tierney would be a more progressive signing although Digne has quality. Personally, i can’t see us wanting both.

..interesting that the Tierney links have resurfaced despite reports of a done deal with Digne. I suppose it will unravel in the next few days, for some reason I think Tierney would be a more progressive signing although Digne has quality. Personally, i can’t see us wanting both.

Digne the better defender and Tierney more like Baines going forward ?

I'd take either although the way we are playing we need at least 3 new defenders and 2 central midfielders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back