Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does Sky & co get all this money from? From the fan. How much is it now for the full package if you want to watch all games legally? I bet it's a lot more than it was say 10-15 years ago. Football is a business which needs millions of regularly-paying customers who show willing to pay more every year, that includes paying for the ad-products (like gambling sites).

I agree it's a bit convoluted, but ultimately it is indeed the fan who pays.

Nikica-Jelavic-Everton_3058226.jpg
Ha ha again point taken but Tierney is a once in a generation talent, jelavic was a journeyman pro who's batteries fell out of his arse after the first few months here, never to be found again

I honestly don't know how this is set up as I'm a foreigner. Does the Sky "package" you're talking about only include footy? Or is it a normal package a tv provider would have and they happen to show a lot or all of the league?

I don't know the packages, but if you want to watch all your chosen club's games legally then you'll be paying a few hundred a year. That times however many millions do that plus the resulting ad-money makes it possible for the TV companies to pay out part of their revenue to the clubs.

I realise I sound like a patronising twunt when I say this but.....you cannot judge how good defenders are without looking at the system they play in.

Lascelles plays in a low block defense (essentially they play very deep and crowd out space, looking to allow the opposition lots of shots but from bad positions in crowded areas). Keane also played VERY WELL in a system like this.

If we go for a high defensive line, like all the teams who go out playing to win play, then the type of centre back you need is very different. Suddenly pace and the ability to pass are far more important.

If Lascelles and Keane played together for a low block team they'd be great. For us, playing a high line, it could be a disaster.
This is so basic that it always amazes me when we see professional DOF & managers who ignore it when signing players.

Jeez it’s amateur hour. You’re not a respected scout working at the top of the game and even the best scouts can’t know everything about a player.
You’ve got a thing for Tierney, fair enough. But there’s absolutely no way you could possibly know that 1 player is better than another in every aspect.
They all use that Wyscout app thing these days anyway. I work in sport science and we have it at the university where i work. It's a pretty impressive tool and the info on it is endless and you can watch full games on it and do allsorts tbh. Most of the big clubs, scouts, coaches, journos all use it or are involved with it in some way, it's not cheap though.

This is so basic that it always amazes me when we see professional DOF & managers who ignore it when signing players.

like last year when we signed three number 10's...they can't be that stupid, I'm guessing it's money-behind-the-scenes deciding a lot of these things, rather than sound football sense.

Ha ha again point taken but Tierney is a once in a generation talent, jelavic was a journeyman pro who's batteries fell out of his arse after the first few months here, never to be found again
Ok, now you are just getting silly. The once in a generational talent that no one from outside the SPL wants to buy for 25M? Digne has every bit the pedigree that Tierney has and frankly, when Digne was Tierney's age, he was every bit as hyped as Tierney was.

And there's no way Tierny is as strong on the ball as Digne is, nor do I think he's as good off the ball. Keep in mind, Digne started at RB for a whole season with Roma and did rather well. Tierney playing a couple games in the CL and dominating the SPL isn't all that impressive. I like him, but to call him a generational talent when he's likely not in the top 20 RBs in the world right now, is just ridiculous.

I take your point but people get far too hung up on how poor the SPL is. A good player is a good player.
I agree mate and I'm not saying he's not a good player but you're saying he's already better than Digne in all departments and I don't think you can fairly say that. Digne has played as a starter in the top teams in Europe and is only just turned 25.

They all use that Wyscout app thing these days anyway. I work in sport science and we have it at the university where i work. It's a pretty impressive tool and the info on it is endless and you can watch full games on it and do allsorts tbh. Most of the big clubs, scouts, coaches, journos all use it or are involved with it in some way, it's not cheap though.

Big Sam bless him was the first major coach to have revealed this couple of years back.

I don't have a thing for Tierney nor do i have anything against Digne, just think that one is vastly superior to the other. Since when did someone have to be a scout to have an opinion? Take a breath and don't take things so personal sweetie, it's only the internet
I don't have a thing for Tierney nor do i have anything against Digne, just think that one is vastly superior to the other. Since when did someone have to be a scout to have an opinion? Take a breath and don't take things so personal sweetie, it's only the internet
That’s right, it’s just your uneducated opinion. You said there’s ‘Not a hope is Digne better at any aspect of the game than Tierney... Tierney is vastly superior.’
In fact there’s every hope, as you’re as clueless as the rest of us.

They all use that Wyscout app thing these days anyway. I work in sport science and we have it at the university where i work. It's a pretty impressive tool and the info on it is endless and you can watch full games on it and do allsorts tbh.
Just looked this thing up. There's a 15 day free trial going on right now enough to get our amateur scouts through the rest of the window.

@Nymzee @Zatara @MarcelsGoat

Brands needs you! Will you answer the call?

I agree mate and I'm not saying he's not a good player but you're saying he's already better than Digne in all departments and I don't think you can fairly say that. Digne has played as a starter in the top teams in Europe and is only just turned 25.
Having watched both i truly believe that but i guess we'll have to wait and see

That’s right, it’s just your uneducated opinion. You said there’s ‘Not a hope is Digne better at any aspect of the game than Tierney... Tierney is vastly superior.’
In fact there’s every hope, as you’re as clueless as the rest of us.
Again I've seen enough of both to form my opinion, my level of education football or otherwise has nothing to do with it. You must be a pleasure to live with sweetheart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back