Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case Marcel is reading this thread; we need a couple of centre backs used to playing in a high line and a couple of midfielders who can make play.

If you have money then I'll have two midfielders, Leandro Paredes from Zenit to play the playmaker role and Marco Llorente from Real (loan with view to perm) to add energy and tackling.

In defence it is Kurt Zouma on loan from Chelsea, can play in a high line and has the physicality for the PL, alongside him I'd look at left sided centre backs used to high lines. Rueben Dias from Benfica is young player of the year in Portugal. Tall, pacey and tough. Would be ideal.

Cheers.

My knowledge of young talent on the continent is not great, but they sound good to me.

If Newcastle are actually in for Baines I'd be tempted to offload. One of the highest earners and although sentiment is obviously there, we have a habit of hanging on to players for far too long.

Not that Chelsea are a prime business model to go by but Lamps, Terry, Drogs etc all shipped out when no longer required. Digne and Robinson will do for me.

If Newcastle are actually in for Baines I'd be tempted to offload. One of the highest earners and although sentiment is obviously there, we have a habit of hanging on to players for far too long.

Not that Chelsea are a prime business model to go by but Lamps, Terry, Drogs etc all shipped out when no longer required. Digne and Robinson will do for me.

Nah, not yet, maybe next summer when the coaching staff have had more time to properly assess Robinson and connolly as well as have an idea of digne settles in this division.

We know what we get from baines, I still think he's very valuable for this season.

Not for me, would have to keep him. Still a good player, one of the better players we have. Ship out players like Kev, Williams, Morgan before players likes Baines depart.

Didn’t those three from Chelsea depart after contracts expired?

if newcastle want baines, we should let him go. No brainer if you ask me. Digne with Robinson as his back up sounds good to me.
2 Centre backs and a centre mid whilst offloading some of the deadwood and i'll feel slightly more optimistic/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back