Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people just need to relax. With the squad we currently have we will not get relegated. I would rather wait and get the correct players even if it takes 2,3,4,5 transfer windows rather than panicking and throwing our money on more mediocre players. It looks like we have signed 2 quality players which improve our team. It’s a tough position that Silva and Brands are in as they know what type players we need but we are currently not an attractive proposition for some players.

Were you relaxed watching Blackburn put three past us or Rennes cutting us to ribbons four times? Yes it's preseason and I agree we need to get the right players, but we also need a CB and DM before the window closes because our current midfield/backline are not up to standard.

I’d settle for a top 10 finish and at least one decent cup run, if I can see progress on the pitch with regard to the quality of football served up and the dispensing of the old guard for a younger more vibrant side. It’s going to take Brands/Silva longer than two windows to sort out the mess they inherited.
I think that's about right

I’d settle for a top 10 finish and at least one decent cup run, if I can see progress on the pitch with regard to the quality of football served up and the dispensing of the old guard for a younger more vibrant side. It’s going to take Brands/Silva longer than two windows to sort out the mess they inherited.
...in a heartbeat!

7th is the minimum. 10th is going backwards.

Exactly this, I dont get people who say stuff like "happy with 10th/11th this year" so basically watching us be average/garbage for large portions of next season is acceptable o_O

What’s progress on the pitch really. If we don’t get points out of a match it means nothing. It will be quality if we win 3 points. So accepting 10th-13th etc with the so-called entertaining football is like going back to bobby fraudshoe era.

7th, getting an Europa spot is the minimum.

I dont think baines is from China mate...
Big Vic's last team was Beijing Enterprises. I suspect this might be the source of the current confusion. I'm uncertain though as to what prompted chat about Vic although I may have unwittingly played part by mentioning the source of Procol Harum's naming (i.e. Gus Dudgeon's Burmese cat)

Inappropriate Language
From one perspective Brands is doing a good job getting Rooney, Klaassen, Funes-Mori gone already & a good loan for Onyekuru with Richarlison and (very soon) Digne onboard.

From another perspective we have still have disinterested [Poor language removed] like Mirallas, Schneiderlin & Williams stealing a living and our preseason games have revealed how desperately we need CM & CB help.

The clock ticks. Brands has a big job but fear over what remains to be done should not hide the fact that the work he has done so far is encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back