Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have tied the Stek to a longer contract so at least we will have a keeper when Pickford goes to Chelsea
Very wise it shows we know what we are doing

From one perspective Brands is doing a good job getting Rooney, Klaassen, Funes-Mori gone already & a good loan for Onyekuru with Richarlison and (very soon) Digne onboard.

From another perspective we have still have disinterested [Poor language removed] like Mirallas, Schneiderlin & Williams stealing a living and our preseason games have revealed how desperately we need CM & CB help.

The clock ticks. Brands has a big job but fear over what remains to be done should not hide the fact that the work he has done so far is encouraging.

Problem is no one can afford/wants to pay Williams the money we are paying him. We're stuck with him, if brands manages to get rid this summer it'll be a miracle.

I think mirallas and schneiderlin, there's still a chance we can shift them this window. But I actually think there's a chance management see them as good options as squad players. They'll probably dip to their normal standard, and as long as this management team is quick to kick them to the curb if this attitude resurfaces then I'm okay with that.

I really have no enthusiasm for the new season. We’ve got the same crap squad as last year + a new guy who hasn’t scored since November.

Even having a new Manager doesn’t excite me, because he’s got it all to prove.

Jesus, I sound like DaveK.

Exactly this, I dont get people who say stuff like "happy with 10th/11th this year" so basically watching us be average/garbage for large portions of next season is acceptable o_O
My point is mate I’d settle for a top 10 finish and good cup run if I’m entertained this season and can see a long term strategy being introduced, not only in personnel but developing a playing style the supporters can relate to. I do not want a repeat of the dire football served up that we’ve witnessed this season, even if it did give us 8th. It is not lowering of expectations this season, more a focus on the playing vision of the manager and the long term recruitment by the DOF.

My point is mate I’d settle for a top 10 finish and good cup run if I’m entertained this season and can see a long term strategy being introduced, not only in personnel but developing a playing style the supporters can relate to. I do not want a repeat of the dire football served up that we’ve witnessed this season, even if it did give us 8th. It is not lowering of expectations this season, more a focus on the playing vision of the manager and the long term recruitment by the DOF.

Means nothing if you don’t win the cup.

Quality over quantity this window.

That’s not a bad thing, and is the total antithesis to last summer almost.

It is. Although we need that CB at the very least or I am seriously worried about our defence. The Mina situation is stinking of Giroud and Witsel right now. We cannot be left with no addition in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back