Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d give up on him and sign another CB at this juncture.

Agree mate. I am hoping he has a back up. Once Digne is announced get on with it. I feel like any CB won't start versus Wolves unless they sign this week. I am hoping for two or three more on top of Digne before the window shuts but knowing how slow Everton are I am not confident....

Agree mate. I am hoping he has a back up. Once Digne is announced get on with it. I feel like any CB won't start versus Wolves unless they sign this week. I am hoping for two or three more on top of Digne before the window shuts but knowing how slow Everton are I am not confident....
We will sign one at the deadline no worries... The January deadline that is...

My point is mate I’d settle for a top 10 finish and good cup run if I’m entertained this season and can see a long term strategy being introduced, not only in personnel but developing a playing style the supporters can relate to. I do not want a repeat of the dire football served up that we’ve witnessed this season, even if it did give us 8th. It is not lowering of expectations this season, more a focus on the playing vision of the manager and the long term recruitment by the DOF.
Can't agree with that. That's basically saying we're happy to go back to where we were under Martinez 3 years ago. Some exciting games, some good football at times, but ultimately not very good. Finishing 10th basically means losing somewhere in the region of 15-19 of your 38 games, which does not appeal to me.

I keep seeing people saying it will take Brands and Silva ages to 'sort out the mess they were left' but we finished 8th last year. It might take ages to get us to where we want to be, but there's absolutely no reason at all why we should accept anything lower than 8th again at the very least. If we're happy treading water in 9th-12th for a couple of seasons while we sort ourselves out then fine, but we don't need to be signing £40m players if that's the plan, we really should be able to finish there with a positive net spend.

IF we don’t improve our current squad before the season starts I will honestly be happy to stay up as I really fear the worse if we don’t.
Our current squad is as bad as anything in the league. Many other “ weaker” teams have strengthened
I hate to say it but there we go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back