Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah and since then the old centre backs are a year older and we haven’t improved them.

plus 3 better teams have come up..

flirting with relegation as it satnds..

no out and out goal scorer, no real goals from midfield, plus one of the oldest and slowest defences in the league

we are in proper trouble make no mistake

Still got 8th with fat Sam last season.
Exactly.
We have been disappointing in pre season, but that means very little.
You would need to know how each game is approached. Sometimes games come in the middle of heavy fitness schedules and players can look sluggish and poor.
We have not seen Pickford or Walcott, DCL at all and barely seen Holgate. , Sigurdsson and Gueye were only back about four days before the Rennes game and it showed with Sigurdsson in particular.
I think those missing will make a major difference.

For me it is central midfield that worries me most. Besic is not good enough in my opinion and Schneiderlin just seems to have no leadership qualities and a lot of time is just taking up a position I would happily play Baningime ahead of him... but he is injured also.

Two more signings, a centre back and a entral midfielder added to Richarlison and Digne and I think we could be more optimistic about the season ahead.

A player I was impressed with last season and am surprised he is selling at such a low fee is Mawson... he reminds me of Maguire and seems to be a leader at thhe back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back