Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed and this isn't the Rooney thread. But at his age? It's incompetence. Or Lack of ambition. Either way you look at it mate it's damning. Remember McMahon, before he went to Villa. We all knew he was a class player, we didn't pay the wages or didn't have ambition. So he left.

How exactly are we gonna get anywhere if we can't keep hold of world class players?. It comes from the board. You have to demonstrate to players we are a club that is going somewhere. At least the ##### over the road keep their players. You think they would have let them go before their prime.

No chance.

Agree with most of what you say but this is a poor example. Alonso, mascherano, torres, suarez, continho etc.

Agree with most of what you say but this is a poor example. Alonso, mascherano, torres, suarez, continho etc.

No arguments there. All fine players but I will say this, that lot over the park got some mileage from them. Then sold at peak value. Our club on the other hand. Well, we can't really get a grasp on sale-able assets at maximum value, after they have benefited the club. Of course as Eggs said, persuading them to stay is the problem. Comes down to the board IMO.

And you think the former England and Man Utd Captain can’t play a forward pass
What about Siggy , Walcott , Morgan proved last season and in his last couple of games that he can.
It’s not the players it’s the manager and system they are being asked to play.

We have had 3 managers this season and it's been the same every time

Report in The Mirror, regurgitated by other news outlets, linking Rooney with a move a way, as we will apparently “listen to offers” for him.

Personally I cannot see it happening.
We might listen to offers for him, but I expect he will see out his contract here, then retire. He is in a great position financially and is at a stage in his life where he doesn’t need the money from China or the USA and his family wouldn’t want to go.

Some might see that as strange and that, as many players play until they are 40, it would be young for him to retire, but he had been playing top flight premier league since he was 16.

I wouldn't see the point in selling Rooney, a better manager may come in and use him better, we need his experience of winning around the dressing room. The rest of the squad wouldn't know how to keep calm in seeing out big games. Just keep him as siggy's backup for the attacking mid role.

I wouldn't see the point in selling Rooney, a better manager may come in and use him better, we need his experience of winning around the dressing room. The rest of the squad wouldn't know how to keep calm in seeing out big games. Just keep him as siggy's backup for the attacking mid role.
We have folded almost every big game this season, if you could even call them that.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back