Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
29 with a knee injury, and will he heal 100% before the world cup? If not he will play through it anyway further endangering the 45m investment.

That is if it's not healed in time.

45 million feels like a crazy amount still.

He is a good player and is one of our better players no doubt. When Salah cost what £35 million and is 25 it starts to grate!

I was thinking last night, I know its only paper talk, but I cant see where Lazano and Ziyech would fit in.

If we assume we are to play 4-2-3-1, that means :

Pickford
Coleman - CB - CB - LB
Gana - CM
Walcott - Ziyech - Lazano
Tosun
Where does that leave our Record signing Iceland and our highest paid player Wayne Rooney, cos no manager who wishes to retain their job will play Wayne legs gone Rooney in a DM role.

Anyway, just a thought based on mindless paper rubbish.

Leaves them both out the door mate. Thats how it needs to be. No room for sentement.

2 goals and tadic is flavour of the month.

He’s Kev in disguise.
I think he's quality, but there's no reason why Everton shouldn't be able to find a younger, cheaper version elsewhere.

Improving the scouting network is paramount if the club is to get out of this rut.

Would take Zaha in an instant. Don't know why anyone would turn their nose up at him.
Doesn't surprise me. Barely a word of protest was uttered at Deulofeu, Lookman and Dowell being shunted out. I think a lot of our fans dont admire players with skill. They were weaned on the Moyes era of dullard football and respect hard work over talent.

45 million feels like a crazy amount still.

He is a good player and is one of our better players no doubt. When Salah cost what £35 million and is 25 it starts to grate!
No one will know for sure but it's a possibility his negotiations/transfer held up a Lukaku replacement.

The sooner this season is over the better now we have no chance of making up 15 goals on Burnley.

Doesn't surprise me. Barely a word of protest was uttered at Deulofeu, Lookman and Dowell being shunted out. I think a lot of our fans dont admire players with skill. They were weaned on the Moyes era of dullard football and respect hard work over talent.
Hopefully Brands' appointment will put an end to these issues that have dogged the club for so long. More than anything else the club needs a clear direction, with synergy between playing style and recruitment.

Moyes had a mistrust of flair, Martinez seemed to believe that a poor work ethic was a sign of a good player, and Koeman just didn't care enough.

Yes let’s sign some more gash players from relegation fodder, that’s worked so well thus far. Maybe we should sign some big club castoffs too.

Dave - do you think we rely too much on having a target man? The Everton way! When we should be looking to be a more inventive team up front and play with faster, counter-attacking style of players like, and I hate to say it, that lot from across the park? Think we are too predictable and have been for many seasons

lol

Very odd this. The forum is choc full of comments complaining about Lookmans treatment. Del hasn’t delivered at any club he’s ever been at, and Dowell has played about two games for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back