Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinkwater would be a good purchase.

Underrated player but he was immense that season Leicester won the title.

Chelsea seem to be on a sell to buy policy now with their financial constraints.

What’s his nationality got to do with anything? He’d cost a bomb and he’s badly average.

It’s got nothing to do with anything. But if Drinkwater wasn’t English, fans would be more responsive to his prospective signing. If he was a French lad that helped Leics win the League he’d be spoken about more positively. English players always get spoken about negatively whilst fans get carried away with the exotic foreigners. Drinkwater is a very good player. I’d love him here.

It’s got nothing to do with anything. But if Drinkwater wasn’t English, fans would be more responsive to his prospective signing. If he was a French lad that helped Leics win the League he’d be spoken about more positively. English players always get spoken about negatively whilst fans get carried away with the exotic foreigners. Drinkwater is a very good player. I’d love him here.

it is amusing how the English players can be so under-rated while also so overvalued on the market.

Have to agree. Like many others that have been mentioned, it's not that I don't think he's good enough, simply that I don't think he really solves any of our most obvious problems.

Our biggest problems in midfield that I can see are we lack penetration going forward and then have tended to be very vulnerable to any counters once possession inevitably breaks down.

Therefore anyone who can reinforce and also release players shouldn’t be the worst idea in the world?

He did well alongside Kanté when he had runners to aim at. We have Gana and pace on the wings; admittedly it’s uncertain how things would work otherwise with Iceland and Tosun to aim at ahead of him in the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back