Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pickford (GK)
  2. Robles (GK) ❌
  3. Stekelenberg (GK)
  4. Coleman (RB)
  5. Kenny (RB)
  6. Martina (RB)
  7. Digne (LB) ⬅️
  8. Baines (LB)
  9. Garbutt (LB) ❌ (loan)
  10. Robinson (LB)
  11. Jagielka (CB)
  12. Williams (CB)
  13. Keane (CB)
  14. Funes Mori (CB) ❌
  15. Holgate (CB)
  16. Pennington (CB)
  17. Browning (CB)
  18. Galloway (CB)
  19. Gueye (DM)
  20. Baningime (DM)
  21. Schneiderlin (DM)
  22. McCarthy (DM)
  23. Besic (DM)
  24. Connolly (DM)
  25. Klaassen (CM) ❌
  26. Davies (CM)
  27. Rooney (AM) ❌
  28. Sigurdsson (AM)
  29. Dowell (AM)
  30. Tarashaj (AM) ❌ (loan)
  31. Vlasic (RW)
  32. Walcott (RW)
  33. Sandro (RW)
  34. Richarlison (LW) ⬅️
  35. Lookman (LW)
  36. Bolasie (LW)
  37. Mirallas (LW)
  38. Onyekuru (LW) ❌ (loan)
  39. Tosun (ST)
  40. Calvert-Lewin (ST)
  41. Niasse (ST)

In: 2 (Richarlison, Digne)

Out: 7 (Robles, Funes Mori, Rooney, Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Klaassen)

Current Total: 34

Positives are he's sorted that left hand side with actual quality. Got rid of Rooney, Klaassen and Mori's wages plus decent fees for the last 2.

Negatives are it looks like we now need 2 CB's instead of 1 and we are struggling to get even one in. We are interested in Rojo. The CM area still looks devoid of quality. Mirallas/Schneiderlin/Bolasie dont look like they are going anywhere and a few players are MIA with mystery injuries (Walcott/Bolasie/Holgate/Lookman/DCL)

Can we include Browning and Galloway in the list above? They don’t train or play with the first team.

Already addressed this once:

Tyias Browning is 24 years old, has made 7 appearances for the first team and 26 senior appearances overall.

Brendan Galloway is 22 years old, has made 17 appearances for the first team and 34 senior appearances overall.

They may be training with the U23’s, but they are senior players.

Positives are he's sorted that left hand side with actual quality. Got rid of Rooney, Klaassen and Mori's wages plus decent fees for the last 2.

Negatives are it looks like we now need 2 CB's instead of 1 and we are struggling to get even one in. We are interested in Rojo. The CM area still looks devoid of quality. Mirallas/Schneiderlin/Bolasie dont look like they are going anywhere and a few players are MIA with mystery injuries (Walcott/Bolasie/Holgate/Lookman/DCL)
Bolasie seems to have been on the cusp of going for ages, he’s effectively been frozen out, wouldn’t surprise me if he goes on deadline day. Mirallas is a colossal f up from the club when he had a purple patch. It seems Schneiderlin is here to stay though..

If we could get shot of Galloway, Williams, Browning, Martina, Schneiderlin, Mirallas, Besic, Bolasie and Pennington at the very least and bring in two centre halves, a midfielders and a winger things would look a lot better.

Won't happen though, obviously.

Tyias Browning is 24 years old, has made 7 appearances for the first team and 26 senior appearances overall.

Brendan Galloway is 22 years old, has made 17 appearances for the first team and 34 senior appearances overall.

Yes but if they no longer train or play in the first team how are they any different to say Hornby that’s played a senior match?

They need punting but I don’t think they should be included in the total for the first team squad since, you know, they’re not in it.

If we could get shot of Galloway, Williams, Browning, Martina, Schneiderlin, Mirallas, Besic, Bolasie and Pennington at the very least and bring in two centre halves, a midfielders and a winger things would look a lot better.

Won't happen though, obviously.

Don't think Schneiderlin is off anywhere.

We'll definitely be open to offers for all of the others.

Bolasie seems to have been on the cusp of going for ages, he’s effectively been frozen out, wouldn’t surprise me if he goes on deadline day. Mirallas is a colossal f up from the club when he had a purple patch. It seems Schneiderlin is here to stay though..

If he does end up staying we could at least to with him being match fit. Whats up with DCL, Walcott and Holgate?

Can we include Browning and Galloway in the list above? They don’t train or play with the first team.

Yes but if they no longer train or play in the first team how are they any different to say Hornby that’s played a senior match?

They need punting but I don’t think they should be included in the total for the first team squad since, you know, they’re not in it.

Fraser Hornby is only 18 years old and has played less than 90 minutes of senior football. Surely you can see the difference between him and Galloway/ Browning?

Using your logic, we could just demote Bolasie, Mirallas, Williams, Martina, etc to the U23’s and get our squad down to 25; problem solved!

I would imagine they're on senior wages though? And the point of trimming the squad is to reduce the wage bill so...

Also Browning isn't 'eligible' for the under 23s anymore, in that he'd be taking up an overage spot and potentially preventing someone from stepping up. On that basis we'd have to class him as a senior.

Fraser Hornby is only 18 years old and has played less than 90 minutes of senior football. Surely you can see the difference between him and Galloway/ Browning?

Using your logic, we could just demote Bolasie, Mirallas, Williams, Martina, etc to the U23’s and get our squad down to 25; problem solved!

Guess you completely ignored the part where I said “they still need punting” eh?

I would imagine they're on senior wages though? And the point of trimming the squad is to reduce the wage bill so...

Again, as above, they’re senior players and need selling BUT they’re not ever going to train or play with the seniors so I think saying we have X amount in the senior squad is a little misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back