Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He reminds me a bit of Darren Gibson for what it's worth. Whether you view that as a good or bad thing I suppose will depend on your perspective of that time under Moyes. For me he was an excellent signing at first, who lost his way. That being said, I am not entirely sure we are crying out for a Darren Gibson player nor am I sure he would fit Silva's system.

For me it may be too much of a push to solve our central midfield conundrum this window. We continue to have lots of players with a question mark over them. Probably of all positions, it is in there we have most players who would get the biggest debate on whether there should be a place for them. Basic, McCarthy, Gana, Davies, Banningime and to an extent even Dowell fall into that. A new coach and a more youth orientated coach may help clarify that a little (hopefully with it being a tick in the column not a cross).

I am nervous though of adding any more players who will ultimately add another question mark. I think Drinkwater will do exactly that. At this stage I'd prefer us to wait a little and look to identify the best replacement we can (Doucoure would be a good example) and probably move on 2 or 3 from the list above to fund it. In many ways we have too many players there now. If you had Doucoure he would be a regular starter. You have Dowell, Davies, Banningime and to an extent Williams and Connolly who can provide some depth. You probably only want 2 more.

For me Catcher, Drinkwater is nowt but a journeyman who got very, very lucky in that rather fortunate-that-the-rest-were-bobbins-for-one-season Leicester side that somehow won the Premier League.

For me, he's exactly the type of player we should be avoiding like the plague.

I can't honesty speak about the lad at Stoke other than to say that they stunk the league out last year and he was part of that stink - make of that what you wish ;)

Even though we've not got European competition to offer, we've attracted a player from Barcelona, so Stoke relegation players and Chelsea misfits should in no way be on our agenda... unless the Chelsea misfits are named Hazard, Willian, or Pedro. :D

Last edited:

Worth a punt especially if we can off load Ashley Williams, looks really lively and skillfuller on the video. We need pace and strength in our midfield, he looks like he has both, plus goals in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back