CB: Overseas import / Hoedt
CM: Overseas import & Wilshire or Lemina
ST: Overseas import

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mori Bertrand
Lemina Gueye
Lookman Sigurdsson Walcott
Tosun

Plenty of backup through a new CB, Holgate, JJK, Baines, Davies, Vlasic, new ST, Dowell (?), Bolasie (can't see him being sold)

Good, ball retaining football.

We'll have the league wrapped up by October.
Keane & Mori WOW

Keane & Mori WOW
I'm willing to give Keane a go again, against a quicker partner. If we sign a better CB, sure he can warm them bench.

I also understand that at this stage, with the mess of last summer simply buying everything which needs fixed, might not be possible.

CM and LB must be a priority. We can't continue with this Davies/Rooney stuff and Snides needs binning.

We'll bring another CB in, but I am not convinced it'll be the saviour we're all hoping for.

LB: Bertrand
CB: Overseas import / Hoedt
CM: Overseas import & Wilshire or Lemina
ST: Overseas import

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mori Bertrand
Lemina Gueye
Lookman Sigurdsson Walcott
Tosun

Plenty of backup through a new CB, Holgate, JJK, Baines, Davies, Vlasic, new ST, Dowell (?), Bolasie (can't see him being sold)

Good, ball retaining football.

We'll have the league wrapped up by October.
How we gonna play ball retaining football with 2 centre mids who don't know what to do with the ball and a #10 who hides from it?

That's ignoring the 2 planks at the back

How we gonna play ball retaining football with 2 centre mids who don't know what to do with the ball and a #10 who hides from it?

That's ignoring the 2 planks at the back
Then we look to replace Gueye as well. Lemina has something like 70% forward passing stats (better at Juve), and 98% pass accuracy in a team which is literally more pathetic than Everton. As for Sigurdsson, he isn't worth his price tag but his best attribute is skill on the ball.

What do you propose? Weve butchered a tone of money on dross, it wont fix in one summer, we'll have to keep many of those we purchased.

Then we look to replace Gueye as well. Lemina has something like 70% forward passing stats (better at Juve), and 98% pass accuracy in a team which is literally more pathetic than Everton. As for Sigurdsson, he isn't worth his price tag but his best attribute is skill on the ball.

What do you propose? Weve butchered a tone of money on dross, it wont fix in one summer, we'll have to keep many of those we purchased.
Fair enough about Lemina but still think we need to be aiming higher

Sigurdsson though is only effective when the ball's still and everyone else on the pitch is still

He's just the trilogy film of Mortan Gamst Pederson and Seb Larsson

Fair enough about Lemina but still think we need to be aiming higher

Sigurdsson though is only effective when the ball's still and everyone else on the pitch is still

He's just the trilogy film of Mortan Gamst Pederson and Seb Larsson

How much higher can we realistically aim?

I would love to be able to support the club which can sign the Tahs and Pulisics but we ain't. We are the club who spends 30m on Michael Keane, 45m on Sigurdsson, and 24m on Klaassen.

Disagree again with Sigurdsson. He has spent most the year covering Schneiderlin and Martina for crying out loud!! Don't give me the Larsson garbage, nobody sensible would even compare the two

I would love to be able to support the club which can sign the Tahs and Pulisics but we ain't. We are the club who spends 30m on Michael Keane, 45m on Sigurdsson, and 24m on Klaassen.

Disagree again with Sigurdsson. He has spent most the year covering Schneiderlin and Martina for crying out loud!! Don't give me the Larsson garbage, nobody sensible would even compare the two
Only difference in them is their nationalities

Sigurdsson ruined Martina the useless gel headed Texan

Totally agree, no one would tackle in that midfield, we don’t need Mata, we have; Rooney, Sigurdsson, Klassen and Vlasic, all wanting to play that “number 10” position Mata is the same.

For me I The summer we need, LB, CB and CF as priorities, we need other areas as well as upgrades, but those are the most important, I would rather have Rashford from Utd than Mata

Difference being mata is 10x the player that any of those mentioned are

Indeed. Mata, Smalling and Jones are all way better than what we have now, and would massively improve our first team. They would cost a fortune though, and I'm not sure they would be interested in swapping their first team places in the second best team in the league for a midtable Everton side.

I think we are more likely to get the likes of Gibson from Middlesbrough in the Championship. I don't know much about him, but he seems highly rated.

Well, that’s your opinion, I just don’t want to see another window close where we assess the squad afterwards and still don’t have; a LB, CB and a CF (Tosan can’t do it all on his own). But don’t worry, we’ve spent £50m on another “number 10”.

If there is money to be spent in the summer it should be spent in the areas where we don’t have players, not where we are already overloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back