Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're one of my absolute faves on here Christopher but I can't wait to vault you until you cry off to The Everton Forum when Siggy blasts us into the top 6 next season.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do next year.

Once he was fit he was very consistent and put in some good performances.

Albeit, not £45m worth, but again, that's hardly his fault.

Desperately need some pace and power in midfield. Doucoure would be my choice. Him, Gana/Davies/Schneids (or another) with Gylfi ahead of him.

Rooney I think should stay, and be utilised in any of those three roles as well.

Be interesting to see what happens with Dowell. We need to be keeping hold of him and if he impresses in pre-season then should be given a chance, but I do think another loan might benefit him as well (even if it's back to Forest).

I doubt we would look for much for him, any offer is worth listening to really.

It's probably the wages that would be a stumbling block but there's some factors (like Williams working under Rodgers at Swansea, for example) that might swing it.

Could even offer him as a sweetner in a Dembele deal if we had any brains.

Anyway, there's too much to sort out on our end first but Celtic are interested in the poor man's sideshow bob.

Desperately need some pace and power in midfield. Doucoure would be my choice. Him, Gana/Davies/Schneids (or another) with Gylfi ahead of him.

Rooney I think should stay, and be utilised in any of those three roles as well.

Be interesting to see what happens with Dowell. We need to be keeping hold of him and if he impresses in pre-season then should be given a chance, but I do think another loan might benefit him as well (even if it's back to Forest).
I’d just swoop in and abuse Watford for Ricarlison and Doucoure
Normally I’d be against buying players from relegation fodder but those 2 have something about them.
If we are interested in Silva then I’d assume those 2 are high on his list.
If it’s @Bungle ’s wet dream then Bernard

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably the wages that would be a stumbling block but there's some factors (like Williams working under Rodgers at Swansea, for example) that might swing it.

Could even offer him as a sweetner in a Dembele deal if we had any brains.

Anyway, there's too much to sort out on our end first but Celtic are interested in the poor man's sideshow bob.
I’d rather Tierney than Dembele.
Tierney has looked impressive at international level
However I’ve a feeling the lad is living the dream and won’t be easy to prise away

Rooney has more than proven his worth. Those that say otherwise are clearly agenda-driven. They have to be. Over 38 games, that level of output in terms of goals alone is way ahead of near enough every midfielder outside of the top 6.

The only ones outside of the top 6 who get in ahead / are on par are Arnautovic (spl?) and Milvojevic at Palace.

Rooney has more than proven his worth. Those that say otherwise are clearly agenda-driven. They have to be. Over 38 games, that level of output in terms of goals alone is way ahead of near enough every midfielder outside of the top 6.

The only ones outside of the top 6 who get in ahead / are on par are Arnautovic (spl?) and Milvojevic at Palace.
Rooney will be 33 just after the new season starts and on 150k a week... nobody is signing him.

As a squad member I am perfectly happy for him to stay and see out his contract. He has the brain to play in a few positions and good for the young lads to play and train with a winner like him.

Arnautovic is a forward not a midfielder for a start.

Rooney was good in the first half of the season but has been poor since, and recently has looked a liability. No problem with him being a squad member next season but there are much better starting options unless he has a lifestyle revamp over the summer - even then I can't see him becoming the next Pirlo.

Richarlison and Doucore would be good and if we want another striker then we should go for Vardy aswell. I still think Shaqiri would be good but that is probably an unpopular opinion...

I don't really watch the Championship but it looking at the stats suggests Adama Traore is starting to have a bit of end product. Might be worth looking at as he is a fantastic dribbler which is something we lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back