Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ins - Thought id only try and keep it players we have been linked with or would be likely to get

Aaron Martin (21) £20m - Although Baines form since returning from injury makes us spending big on a left back less likely, another option could be someone in the £6-10m range with the prospect of being his replacement full term in a year or so, more likely Frank Fabra

Leander Dendonker (23) £22m - to play in that role schneiderlin should of been playing in all season, could also fill in at centre back if needed

Alfie Mawson (24) £40m - Would be pricey, possibly reduced cost though if Swansea go down, another option could be Ben Gibson if boro dont come up would probably cost half that

Hakim Ziyeck (25) £25m - Could play in that role Rooney has been occupying, although it would also mean we wouldn't have a place for Sigurdsson, but he's a different player, alot more dynamic than gylf and quicker

Hirving Lozano (22) £24m - Can play on either wing and has that x factor about him, it all depends on what the manager wants to do with Lookman & Onyekuru

Moussa Dembele (21) £20m - Not a priority in my eyes, with Tosun needing a fair crack of the whip and i rate DCL, if we brought him in it would probably mean DCL would not play centre forward for us

Outs

Funes Mori - £12m - If he has a good world cup he could be more, Mawson or Gibson would be an upgrade

Morgan Schneiderlin - £15m (or likely a loan to france) - Dont care he's played well last 3 games, get someone in who is prepared to fight if the going gets tough

Oumar Niasse £10m - Would have a few admirors with his work rate and goals record this season

Sandro £8m - Not tearing it up at Sevilla, thought he would be ace with us, how wrong was i

Kevin Mirallas £2m - Or could throw him off to PSV in any sort of Lozano deal

Ashley Williams - Free

Yannick Bolasie - £8m - Take what we can for him, erratic and defenders are not scared of him, dosent suit the way most teams play now, possibly lost that turn of pace or confidence, but he looks broken

Mo Besic £4m - Boro should be in for him in the summer

Also throw in Browning, Garbutt, Robles, Galloway?, Pennington, plus a few others for small fee's

Now personally, 6 in's is not realistic, it has been proved time and time again it dose not work, so maybe 4 of the 6 (Dembele we could hold off to see how DCL develops and maybe one of either Martin, Ziyech or Lozano dependent on how we feel baines would last, or other players in Ziyech & Lozano's postions.

The choices, lowers the average age of the squad down significantly, is a good blend of English talent and foreign style, all athletic, quick and strong and all have a high ceiling, which means bigger clubs may be interested to take them later on, but that may be the way we have to go

Say we buy 4 of the 6 i chose, its around £100-£110 million, hopefully with sales we could bring in about £60million (not incuding possible sales of unhappy players e.g Vlasic, Lookman, Klaassen), it wouldn't be astronomical amounts spent

Ins - Thought id only try and keep it players we have been linked with or would be likely to get

Aaron Martin (21) £20m - Although Baines form since returning from injury makes us spending big on a left back less likely, another option could be someone in the £6-10m range with the prospect of being his replacement full term in a year or so, more likely Frank Fabra

Leander Dendonker (23) £22m - to play in that role schneiderlin should of been playing in all season, could also fill in at centre back if needed

Alfie Mawson (24) £40m - Would be pricey, possibly reduced cost though if Swansea go down, another option could be Ben Gibson if boro dont come up would probably cost half that

Hakim Ziyeck (25) £25m - Could play in that role Rooney has been occupying, although it would also mean we wouldn't have a place for Sigurdsson, but he's a different player, alot more dynamic than gylf and quicker

Hirving Lozano (22) £24m - Can play on either wing and has that x factor about him, it all depends on what the manager wants to do with Lookman & Onyekuru

Moussa Dembele (21) £20m - Not a priority in my eyes, with Tosun needing a fair crack of the whip and i rate DCL, if we brought him in it would probably mean DCL would not play centre forward for us

Outs

Funes Mori - £12m - If he has a good world cup he could be more, Mawson or Gibson would be an upgrade

Morgan Schneiderlin - £15m (or likely a loan to france) - Dont care he's played well last 3 games, get someone in who is prepared to fight if the going gets tough

Oumar Niasse £10m - Would have a few admirors with his work rate and goals record this season

Sandro £8m - Not tearing it up at Sevilla, thought he would be ace with us, how wrong was i

Kevin Mirallas £2m - Or could throw him off to PSV in any sort of Lozano deal

Ashley Williams - Free

Yannick Bolasie - £8m - Take what we can for him, erratic and defenders are not scared of him, dosent suit the way most teams play now, possibly lost that turn of pace or confidence, but he looks broken

Mo Besic £4m - Boro should be in for him in the summer

Also throw in Browning, Garbutt, Robles, Galloway?, Pennington, plus a few others for small fee's

Now personally, 6 in's is not realistic, it has been proved time and time again it dose not work, so maybe 4 of the 6 (Dembele we could hold off to see how DCL develops and maybe one of either Martin, Ziyech or Lozano dependent on how we feel baines would last, or other players in Ziyech & Lozano's postions.

The choices, lowers the average age of the squad down significantly, is a good blend of English talent and foreign style, all athletic, quick and strong and all have a high ceiling, which means bigger clubs may be interested to take them later on, but that may be the way we have to go

Say we buy 4 of the 6 i chose, its around £100-£110 million, hopefully with sales we could bring in about £60million (not incuding possible sales of unhappy players e.g Vlasic, Lookman, Klaassen), it wouldn't be astronomical amounts spent
Besic for 4mil we should be looking at a lot more than that. He’s flying at boro if they get promoted I’m sure they would want him.

Mid 20’s international with prem experience, should be between 10 & 15mil. Swansea paid 17 for clucas from Hull.

Besic for 4mil we should be looking at a lot more than that. He’s flying at boro if they get promoted I’m sure they would want him.

Mid 20’s international with prem experience, should be between 10 & 15mil. Swansea paid 17 for clucas from Hull.

I was trying to be overly harsh with transfer fee's as a "worst case" scenario.
Iv'e seen people thing we could get 8m for mirallas and 10m for williams etc so wanted to keep it at the lowest as possible

Agree with this.. if they come up then he's probably the best player they will be able to attract.. the fans want him and the club know him. Should get 15m

I think we'll have interest from more than just Boro for him, too. He's put himself in the shop window for all the promoted sides, as well as the lower-half of the Premiership.

Think people are MASSIVELY over confident of what we can get for Besic, i guarantee we will not get anymore than £8million for him.

I would gladly take anybody's money if they want to bet me that also

No squad players
Whoever we buy should be a lot better than what we have and go straight into the first 11
Beast of a CB , preferably left footed who can pick a pass and organise the defence
Box to box midfielder
Left winger and leave Walcott on the right
CF who can score goals. Ie not Sandro or DCL
It all depends on the DOF and Manager and what they think of Lookman , Henry.
LB is not a pressing need but would like one to be Baines understudy / replacement.

Think people are MASSIVELY over confident of what we can get for Besic, i guarantee we will not get anymore than £8million for him.

I would gladly take anybody's money if they want to bet me that also
I think we will, I wouldnt Bet on it though. I suppose it’s down to who’s interested. Liverpool got 6mil for Kevin Stewart ffs. Is even getting games at Hull.

No squad players
Whoever we buy should be a lot better than what we have and go straight into the first 11
Beast of a CB , preferably left footed who can pick a pass and organise the defence - Doesn't even need to pick a pass just needs to be able to defend/organise and bully strikers.
Box to box midfielder - Massive need but needs to be able to pass well
Left winger and leave Walcott on the right - Would rather we got someone who can play either side like Walcott
CF who can score goals. Ie not Sandro or DCL - Least of our worries at the minute. Tosun is scoring and Niasse somehow gets goals.

It all depends on the DOF and Manager and what they think of Lookman , Henry.
LB is not a pressing need but would like one to be Baines understudy / replacement - This is a pressing need. If Baines gets injured again we have absolutely no one
Just a few of my thoughts mate

Think left full is sorted and Frank Fabra will come in from Argentina . Seemingly Brands was interested in January. Think he’ll be first player in this summer . Think you’ll only have 3/4 in the door but all will be first team starters ... do believe there will be 7/8 possible going out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back