Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just that nowadays everyone's got money to spend. I'm sure there are many clubs of current better ability than us who could probably match our wage offerings who are interested in him. Unless we can get a half-decent manager in, I'd say he's out of the question.

I agree that Martial is probably out of the question. Not many players are on 200k a week though. 200k a week is at the top end of an elite salary scale. Only the top players earn that amount of money.

In work bored off my tits and I normally don’t play FM on this forum but here goes
Assuming Brands/ Fonseca take over.
GK. Pickford / Steks

RB Coleman / Kenny

CB Kenny / Holgate

CB. New CB / Mori

LB Fabra/ Baines

DM Gana / Dendonker

AM. Doucoure / Davies

LM Bernard / Lookman

CM Siggy / Vlasic

RM Walcott / Henry

CF Tosun / CF

Keep Rooney , McCarthy , Klassen , Sandro, Dowell Hewelt DCL and Jags

Never going to happen but still

ble mae oumar? :(

The business of finishing 7th with no midfielders who can pass?

Unless Usmanov is involved or Moshiri sells us on we aint getting top 6 for the foreseeable - people who genuinely thought we could with Moshiri's wealth are deluded, Spurs are only managing it being a London club with the revenues that comes with it and even they may struggle in the first couple of years post stadium.

If you offered me a team easily finishing 7th with a good 10+ points clear of the chasing pack playing good football and getting into the semi's/finals of the cup comps and in Europe I would snatch your hands off after this disgrace of a season.

Unless Usmanov is involved or Moshiri sells us on we aint getting top 6 for the foreseeable - people who genuinely thought we could with Moshiri's wealth are deluded, Spurs are only managing it being a London club with the revenues that comes with it and even they may struggle in the first couple of years post stadium.

If you offered me a team easily finishing 7th with a good 10+ points clear of the chasing pack playing good football and getting into the semi's/finals of the cup comps and in Europe I would snatch your hands off after this disgrace of a season.
Spurs have done it on a smaller budget, than any of the other top 6. A quality manger and a few other things going in their favour, like Kane coming through, which is once in a lifetime. Ali & Dier doing amazing for cheap buys. And a lot of young players bought 4/5 years ago all coming together at once.

Maybe this is the way we need to go, target quality young players and look to improve abd grow every year, so in 3 to 4 years we have team ready to challenge, hopefully this is where Brands comes in, just need the quality manager now.

Spurs have done it on a smaller budget, than any of the other top 6. A quality manger and a few other things going in their favour, like Kane coming through, which is once in a lifetime. Ali & Dier doing amazing for cheap buys. And a lot of young players bought 4/5 years ago all coming together at once.

Maybe this is the way we need to go, target quality young players and look to improve abd grow every year, so in 3 to 4 years we have team ready to challenge, hopefully this is where Brands comes in, just need the quality manager now.

But they're still not winning anything.

But they're still not winning anything.
That wasn’t what I was replying to. I was just saying that spurs have got top 4 on a cheaper budget that the rest.

Ok the haven’t won anything, but they are challenging, what would we all give to get in the champions league 3 seasons on the bounce.

I see the papers are saying that Anderlecht have supposedly agreed a loan extension on Henry Onyekuru. Is it really that hard to get a work permit for him?

I
I see the papers are saying that Anderlecht have supposedly agreed a loan extension on Henry Onyekuru. Is it really that hard to get a work permit for him?
I think that injury he had set that process back a bit so I don’t think he’s up to speed yet
If he could make Nigeria’s World Cup squad and play it may help.
I’m not sure of the rules surrounding work permits.
He looks to be a good player and rumour has it that AC Milan are interested

I
I think that injury he had set that process back a bit so I don’t think he’s up to speed yet
If he could make Nigeria’s World Cup squad and play it may help.
I’m not sure of the rules surrounding work permits.
He looks to be a good player and rumour has it that AC Milan are interested

He is an attacking player so I think the issue is that big sam is just not interested. He already is taking off attackers and subbing on center backs regularly in our games.

I don't really watch the Championship but it looking at the stats suggests Adama Traore is starting to have a bit of end product. Might be worth looking at as he is a fantastic dribbler which is something we lack.

The stick Bolaise gets on this site, Traore makes Yannick look like Ronaldo is his prime (Not the fat one)

Head down, run, fall over! Traore is a no from what I have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back