Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

'If' we do go for Mee lets not get stung like we did for Keane. He was approaching the last year of his contract too and we paid top dollar at the time. Burnley will want big money if we ask the question. We might have to take it to the wire to get a suitable price. And thats whats worrying as we're not the best at that.

..apparently a bright lad, studying a law degree. Mind you, Matthew Pennington is a straight A student.
I've got a 1st in law but I'm still crap at football.
I'd rather take someone like the lad my wife taught at De La Salle ( in Croxteth for the wools) who wasn't that bright but could kick a ball quite well and went onto to do rather well at United than a Pennington with not a great deal of talent eggs.
Still for every Rooney / Barkley I suppose there's an Eric Dier - who apparently is academically talented too.

I've got a 1st in law but I'm still crap at football.
I'd rather take someone like the lad my wife taught at De La Salle ( in Croxteth for the wools) who wasn't that bright but could kick a ball quite well and went onto to do rather well at United than a Pennington with not a great deal of talent eggs.
Still for every Rooney / Barkley I suppose there's an Eric Dier - who apparently is academically talented too.

..nice memory for Mrs Jazzy, always a fine footy School was De La Salle (although my school team beat them on the way to winning the Echo Cup in 1971). It’s an interesting discussion.

I always think being academically bright is a help in any field, but I also think Rooney is an intellectual footballer, although you’ll never see him on University Challenge. Without being harsh, I wouldn’t put Barkley in the same category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back